Kahr Propoganda - Page 3

Kahr Propoganda

This is a discussion on Kahr Propoganda within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After my first Kahr....without a single problem after 200 rds, I now want a MK9...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kahr Propoganda

After my first Kahr....without a single problem after 200 rds, I now want a MK9

http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    I have a K9 Elite. The workmanship is excellent, even the feed ramp was polished. Functions flawlessly.
    1998 or 2003?
    I assume the 2003

I also assume you love it~

I decided the P380 would be my CCW, but then decided I would need a slick stainless pistol with wood grips, something for the home, road trips, and lots of range time.

The K9 Elite 2003 or K40 Elite 2003 was the plan, not very easy to find...I seemed to find one right after someone just sold it or the owner decided not to sell :/

I went a different route, but with a similar plan...I bought a 1911 - Kimber Stainless Raptor II (Custom)

Now that I have the CCW and the full size stainless, I can just keep my eye out for a K9 or K40 Elite...and wait for a better deal :)

-Ben
    Houston, TX

Very useful guns...

I've had a Kahr MK9 for about 4 years and have used it frequently for IWB carry. It has worked perfectly and conceals easily. The photo shows how it compares to a J frame snubby and why it conceals so well:

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Kahr CW 45

I carry a CW 45 and I am very pleased with it
    When a Government become ultra concerned about its citizen's guns its time to beconcerned about the Governments long term plans Me

I own four Kahrs (K9, MK9 Elite, PM9 and P380), and I carry one of these most of the time. Kahr designs pistols that have features that appeal to me that no other maker does....

But hey....Kahrs are NOT the most reliable out of the box. They're not.

Go over to the Kahr factory forum (I do, pretty much daily) and you will see a myriad of issues with these pistols being posted every day. Every day. Fail to feed, fail to extract, this and that. It's a fact. Many remain beset with problems, even after the "break in period". Many are fine, but many are not. Face it, Kahr's do not have the reliability of a Glock (as one example) until you fire a few hundred rounds and verify it by doing just that. After that, I think you can pretty well depend on them as much as any other quality pistol.

In my particular case, the MK, the PM and P380 were all from pretty good to excellent after "break in". The K9 was terrible from the get-go with FTF and FTRB in almost every mag. It took me several hundred rounds and a lot of advice and expense and aggrevation to isolate the problem and to figure out the problem (bad/weak recoil spring). So if you get a good one, terrific. If you don't, it is not uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by propex View Post
    I carry a CW 45 and I am very pleased with it
    +1+ on that! Same here. Best CCW I have ever owned.

Regards,
    Jim

The CW9 is one of the best CCW pistols out there on the market IMO. Took me awhile to get used to the trigger; and it's not a purty-lookin' BBQ gun, but dang, does it carry easy and shoot straight! NEVER had a single problem and I'm up to over 2,000 rounds through it now. JS Holsters Kydex for IWB (GREAT product) and a Kramer Belt Scabbard (What else positive can be said about Kramer?) for OWB...a couple of carry options that makes it hard to top for price, quality, comfort, and reliability. I give Kahr an A+ rating for this market segment. Granted, in some cases I do CCW a Glock 19 or 30sf...but the CW9 rides with me most of the time.

My Carry Guns are a P45 and PM9
    02PSD4ME

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    pogo2...your pic has made me buy two MK9's. Thanks for all the advise too.

As for original OP. MK9 pocket carry would indeed be too heavy. I carry one IWB appendix often. Maybe not as comfy as my 442 J frame it is more concealable and I'm OK with 9mm being my small caliber. It is very easy to shoot, surprisingly accurate, and zero problems.

considering a kel-tek pf9, how does it compare to the kahr pm9? both very attractive to me...

Quote Originally Posted by 640girl View Post
    considering a kel-tek pf9, how does it compare to the kahr pm9? both very attractive to me...
    - IMO, the PM9 is a much better gun. The build quality is much better than the Kel-Tec PF9 and the trigger is much smoother. The PM9 is also a smaller gun. If the cost is what is keeping you away from the PM9, look at the Kahr CW9.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    - IMO, the PM9 is a much better gun. The build quality is much better than the Kel-Tec PF9 and the trigger is much smoother. The PM9 is also a smaller gun. If the cost is what is keeping you away from the PM9, look at the Kahr CW9.

That is what led me to my Kahr CW9.
    God bless our troops!

Put another hundred rounds through my CW45 yesterday (total of 425 now) with zero issues. A mix of at least 4 different brands of ball ammo and one type of JHP. Pistol shoots well and carries even better.

I have owned several handguns and shoot them as often as I can. In my opinion my CW9 is one of the slickest handguns out there. I do own more expensive handguns but none that are as simply designed and affordable. I have about 400 trouble free rounds through mine and I am totally happy with it. Simple to operate and clean and very soft recoil. Well made and very affordable. I recently bought a Kel-Tec PF9 just because it was too cheap to pass up (249 at a gun show) and although it shoots well and is a good bargain it kicks like a mule compared to the Kahr. I knew very little about the Kahr prior to my purchase-I just looked at in a gunstore and it felt great in my hand and I bought it on the spot.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links