Is Glock 36 designed for their tacticle light?

This is a discussion on Is Glock 36 designed for their tacticle light? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've only seen a picture of the 36 and it seems not. I can't see where they made the 36 for accessories like a lazer. ...

Thread: Is Glock 36 designed for their tacticle light?

Is Glock 36 designed for their tacticle light?

I've only seen a picture of the 36 and it seems not.
    I can't see where they made the 36 for accessories like a lazer.
    But then again i can be a little cross-eyed!

2. Remove Ads

The G36 seems to be railless.

VIP Member
    No rail on the G36.

Of course, there is always Duct Tape!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

No rails.

Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

NO..

Nice to get your confirm since 4 g-shops didn't have the 36 plus at that time i hadn't "thunk" of a laser equip carry as an option for my dominate left eye right handed combo
    Last edited by danlct; August 14th, 2010 at 04:15 PM. Reason: sp

Duct tape or Gorilla Glue can be your friend.
    No rails on my G-36...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

GM
    The answer is no. No rail on the G36.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Thing is, the G36 really doesn't seem to be as popular as it once was. Reasons? Everybody wanted something with higher capacity and wasn't as set on the conceal-ability. It may have fallen through a crack in the market.....just like Rally's hamburgers drive thru, and Shoney's breakfast buffets. A time and place for everything. A few years ago when I was looking for other options in 45ACP other than my G30, I handled a couple of used G36s at gun shows. Couldn't find them in stock locally. Once in a while, I'd run across some used G36 magazines in a dealer's box of dusty or trade-in parts. I know many here have the G36 and love it. Serves their purpose like nothing else would. I've been tempted a time or two myself. While not exactly on the island of misfit toys, I'm thinking the G36 is a stand alone in the Glock world that just doesn't seem to get enough support. Maybe there's a reason for that. Rare things are more generally valued for what they're true worth is by those who would have them to fill a niche of their own. Lots of others overlook the rare things in life due to their own purpose and cause. Make something rare into something adaptable, and it's worth is lost. I think the G36 is a gem. It exists as is to this day for a reason. No rails. Who are we to question the ways of the universe? There's a reason for everything. Glock on!

A rail mounted light makes a firearm more tactical and less concealable. The G36 was designed to be concealable. I think the G36 is a good platform if you don't like 1911s and are not concerned with capacity. I don't care to much for the G36. I feel that it gives up too much in the way concealability over the 1911 and doesn't make up for it in capacity.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Thing is, the G36 really doesn't seem to be as popular as it once was. Reasons? Everybody wanted something with higher capacity and wasn't as set on the conceal-ability. It may have fallen through a crack in the market.....just like Rally's hamburgers drive thru, and Shoney's breakfast buffets. A time and place for everything. A few years ago when I was looking for other options in 45ACP other than my G30, I handled a couple of used G36s at gun shows. Couldn't find them in stock locally. Once in a while, I'd run across some used G36 magazines in a dealer's box of dusty or trade-in parts. I know many here have the G36 and love it. Serves their purpose like nothing else would. I've been tempted a time or two myself. While not exactly on the island of misfit toys, I'm thinking the G36 is a stand alone in the Glock world that just doesn't seem to get enough support. Maybe there's a reason for that. Rare things are more generally valued for what they're true worth is by those who would have them to fill a niche of their own. Lots of others overlook the rare things in life due to their own purpose and cause. Make something rare into something adaptable, and it's worth is lost. I think the G36 is a gem. It exists as is to this day for a reason. No rails. Who are we to question the ways of the universe? There's a reason for everything. Glock on!
    RamRod has a good take on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    A rail mounted light makes a firearm more tactical and less concealable. The G36 was designed to be concealable. I think the G36 is a good platform if you don't like 1911s and are not concerned with capacity. I don't care to much for the G36. I feel that it gives up too much in the way concealability over the 1911 and doesn't make up for it in capacity.
    Stevew, I think, has missed exactly this point. For me, it is a task-specific firearm. The G36 is the smallest handgun I own. It is what I carry when I have to deep conceal. It is in a major caliber and is an outstanding shooter despite its size. It is what I carry when I can't carry my prefered full-size handgun. The loss of capacity is of only minor concern to me. I think my chances are just as good with 6+1 as with 8+1.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Links