Glock 19 Gen4 Range Report

This is a discussion on Glock 19 Gen4 Range Report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just bought it today and went to the range with the Glock 19 Gen 4 right out of the box. I only had 100 rounds ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 Gen4 Range Report

Just bought it today and went to the range with the Glock 19 Gen 4 right out of the box. I only had 100 rounds of Federal 115 FMJ and it shot all without any trouble. I was surprised to see the G19 came with three 15 round magazines.

The grip is comfortable and a little smaller than a Gen1-3, there are two other inserts, I did check before I bought it to see if the recoil spring was a #3 and it was.

I traded my G23 in on it, I am getting out of .40 S&W, I know it is a great round, mostly the cost of ammo and I have a Kahr PM9. I might get rid of my .380 and have 9mm only.

VIP Member
    Congrats, and thanks for the report. I am also (basically) down to 9mm for all my carry guns, though I'll never part with my P230...

What type of finish (texture) is on your G19?
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Finish of the metal parts seem a little darker than the 3rd gen, the grip stippling is very fine and not as rough or abrasive as the RFD ( I think that is what Glock called it) that Glock discontinued. It is all black, there is no more green OD color. The stippling seems just about perfect no need for any type of grip material.

Thanks for the report! Enjoy your new pistol..
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Good deal! I think the G19 is the best all around model. Maybe the 3 mags indicates it was an LEO model (blue label).
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

The Gen 4's all come with 3 magazines. My 17 Gen 4 has over 1,200 rounds through it in the past 12 days and it's not had a single stoppage (the M&P is gaining on it though). Glock sent me the "02" guide rod for free, but the first one ran fine, though I switched them anyway.

The 19 only comes with the "03", there was no need for an update since the 17 got the update before shipping any 19's - according to the guy I spoke with in technical support that sent me the "02" since I imagine I'll be buying a Gen 4 19 some time in the next month.

Glad all is well, you shouldn't find any problems. Glockmeister does offer different weight Gen 4 springs though if you need to go a pound or two lighter. The "02" for the 17 is around 15, give or take close to a pound. The first try was 17, give or take close to a pound. Again, according to Glock...
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

VIP Member
    Congrats on the new Gen4 G19. Sounds like a prize, hope you have good luck with it. I'm crazy about my G19...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

kpw
    Good to hear. I like the Gen 4 G19 a lot.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

dee

liked mine sooo much i ........

well i'm a newbie to glocks i bought most of the cz's so thought that i would try glock....i have 2 g19 gen4 i liked them so much what a wonderful gun to carry and a real pleasure to shoot...i've mixed wwb and 9bple ++ and not even a hiccup just ate em up and wanted more. I also have g20 real sweet with a punch. The only one i have and do have some concern is g21sf i've read a number of problems with the dual ambi mag release giving problems...mine is fine soooo far good shooting to all , David

GM
    Glad that you enjoy it.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Thanks for the post, not much has been posted about range time and a Gen-4 Glock.
    Enjoy your new pistola...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Thanks for the post, not much has been posted about range time and a Gen-4 Glock.
    Enjoy your new pistola...
    I would rephrase that and say not much positive has been posted about range time and the 4th Gen Glocks.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

To say "not much positive has been posted about range time" would say that Glock's don't go bang, is that what you mean. If gen 4's are not working that would mean glock has dropped in reliability. Wow!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichSteve View Post
    To say "not much positive has been posted about range time" would say that Glock's don't go bang, is that what you mean. If gen 4's are not working that would mean glock has dropped in reliability. Wow!
    I am not saying they aren't working, I am just saying that there has been enough issues for people like yourself wanting to see which recoil spring they have. I sure as hell don't remember ever having to wonder what recoil spring my G2' or G3's had in them.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    I am not saying they aren't working, I am just saying that there has been enough issues for people like yourself wanting to see which recoil spring they have. I sure as hell don't remember ever having to wonder what recoil spring my G2' or G3's had in them.
    OK. first off, I have never owned a Glock , I have shot one I rented, but I am planning on taking the plunge this christmas and drinking the kool aid. So my question, what is the difference in between gen 3 and gen 4, and are both still or will they both still be available come December?
    Is the gen 4 specific to the 9mm. I am still debating between 9mm and 40.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links