Kel Tec P-11 Owners New vs. Old

This is a discussion on Kel Tec P-11 Owners New vs. Old within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought a Kel Tec P-11 years ago when they first came out. I still have it, and have just started carrying again it recently. ...

Thread: Kel Tec P-11 Owners New vs. Old

Kel Tec P-11 Owners New vs. Old

I bought a Kel Tec P-11 years ago when they first came out. I still have it, and have just started carrying again it recently. I do have a few more expensive handguns that I could carry, but none are as comfortable as the P-11. The one I have has been trouble free since I bought it. It's not a range gun for sure but I have put probably 900-1000 rounds through it. I was just wondering if there are any differences and/or improvements in the newer ones they make today. Like I said mine has been 100% and I would like to know if anyone else has a P-11 made when they first came out and if it has held up as well as mine or did I just get luck and get a good one? Also if the newer ones are just as good, better, or about the same quality. If the ones they are producing today are as reliable as this old one I have, I am thinking on buying my son one. Thanks

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I have one that is a little over a year old, and it has around 6-700 rounds through it without any problems. Yes this trigger still sucks, but like you said , its no range gun. It is a carry all day and all night gun if you had to, so that is why its in my arsenal.I feel its worth the $325 dollars OTD. I paid for it and another mag.I know the are supposedly selling a bit cheaper these days, so it would be even more of a deal.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

The Older P-11's have the 10.5 lbs trigger the new ones are 8.5 lbs so the two less extra pounds really make a dfference in trigger feel, if your P-11 is that old i would suggest a trip to "mother" and they will update your gun with the newer springs give it a nice tune up :) and always should be fre cause of lifetime warrenty

Links