LCR .357 Range Report

This is a discussion on LCR .357 Range Report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First off, I'm sure glad I waited on the .357. I had been tempted to jump on a LCR since they came out. When I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LCR .357 Range Report

LCR .357 Range Report

First off, I'm sure glad I waited on the .357. I had been tempted to jump on a LCR since they came out. When I heard about Rugers intention of the .357 offering I decided to wait. The wait paid off!

Everyone told me the .357 will be too much for such a small gun and you will hate shooting it. Well guess what, the sky didn't fall in. This gun had no worse recoil than small polymer autos I have shot. In fact I believe the combination of the polymer and Hogue boot grip do a great job of controlling the guns felt recoil.

I was expecting much worse. The trigger was not butter smooth as some had said but I believe it will get better over time. The gun shot true to aim as I was able to put rounds anywhere I wanted out to 10 yards. For a defense gun this is more than adequate. I'm not sure that a laser is needed other than the fear factor it provides you're attacker. However, the front site is difficult to pick up quickly. That can be easily fixed.

Overall, I'm really impressed. Ruger did their homework and have produced an excellent product for easy pocket carry in a very powerful chambering. Go gitcha one!
    Confidence is the feeling you have before you realize the full measure of the situation.

2. Remove Ads

Thanks for the report. I've been thinking about picking up one of these, and having shot other lightweight .357's, I was conceerned about the recoil. Please post back after you have more rounds through it, and if there are any problems with it.
    How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy & productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised and taken care of.
    Suzanna Hupp

I have about 1,000 rounds of 125 grain Hornady Critical Defense ammo thru my .357s and yes,the flame thrower works just like its suppose to do. And at 25 yards I normally shoot I am 1.8 inchs high from center with a good tight grip on the houges. Good back up for my 4 inch fixed sighted GP100. richgp100z

GM
    Congrats on the LCR .357; glad that you like it. Enjoy.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

CMR
    What SD ammo ya gonna carry with it?
    For a lot of people, being a victim is a way of Life. That's a Life I choose NOT to live.

A Shepherd must tend to his Flock. And at times........fight off the wolves.

Picked one up for The Bride today. Will just do 38 Special though. My thinking is it is heavier and has a SS frame instead of Aluminum, in addition to the polymer obviously. Should be an even better combination and only about a quarter pound (3.5 oz) heavier. Oh it's for her Birthday, so don't tell and that means I have to wait to shoot it after she does.

That is a nice looking gun there sir.....

Quote Originally Posted by CMR View Post
    What SD ammo ya gonna carry with it?
    Speer short-barrel .357
    Confidence is the feeling you have before you realize the full measure of the situation.

Congrats on the new .357 LCR. It's on my short list.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

CMR
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody View Post
    Speer short-barrel .357
    Have ya found any in stock, in your neck of the woods or are you ordering it from online?
    Asking because I've been trying to find a box for myself.....
    For a lot of people, being a victim is a way of Life. That's a Life I choose NOT to live.

A Shepherd must tend to his Flock. And at times........fight off the wolves.

I am shocked - Shocked! - that your arm was not blown clean off from firing 357 magnums (Yes I said Magnums!) in that gun.

I too have one of these lil beasts and love it! I have a mixed bag of 38's, +p's, and 357 mags and its a great shooter. I did run some rem umc 125's jsp and they had to be full house! Quite a bit of recoil with those... My carry load is DPX 125's and they are a joy to shoot. I have to replace the front sight with an XS trit big dot but will keep the grip for now. I also have a LCR in 38+p and do have the CT grip and its almost not fair its so easy to hit with.

-drew

VIP Member
    Good news, wish I'd waited.

Now I want one.I love the 38 LCR and would love one that can shoot 357 Magnums.Is the size of the 357 frame any larger than the 38?
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    Congrats.. I would like to try this one out .357. I like it. It would be nice to add to the collection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links