a TCP for $236 or LCP for $293 - Page 4

a TCP for $236 or LCP for $293

This is a discussion on a TCP for $236 or LCP for $293 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by azchevy I wouldnt even consider taurus due to their spotty quality control and absurd and incompetent customer support. Go with the american ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: a TCP for $236 or LCP for $293

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I wouldnt even consider taurus due to their spotty quality control and absurd and incompetent customer support. Go with the american made ruger and be glad you did.
    TCP = Made in USA as well

Well, I'll give another vote for the Taurus TCP. I have friends with the LCP who have had trouble with them. So I say quality is about the same. The Taurus is cheaper, comes with a spare magazine, holster, and has a slide release. It is also available in many different colors and comes in 2 choices of caliber. The ruger is much more limited.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Jbabbler View Post
    TCP = Made in USA as well
    Made poorly in the usa is more like it.

VIP Member
    In all seriousness - if someone offered me a free TCP, I'd decline.

If my LCP ever needs replacement (close to 3 years of cruel abuse and still going strong on original parts), I will not hesitate to do so. Although I'm starting to think it's indestructible.

Made poorly in the usa is more like it.
    We'll see. I plan on beating the ever-loving hell out of mine. If it fails, I'll post here. :)

Two Taurus bought. Two Taurus failed. Two miserable customer service experiences. Two repaired taurus sold. Kicked myself for not learning the first time. Swore they won't get me three times. Get me once shame on you. Get me twice shame on me. I will never stop warning people about the sub par quality and customer service of Taurus.

Two Taurus bought. Two Taurus failed. Two miserable customer service experiences. Two repaired taurus sold. Kicked myself for not learning the first time. Swore they won't get me three times. Get me once shame on you. Get me twice shame on me. I will never stop warning people about the sub par quality and customer service of Taurus.
    Sounds like my Keltec experience. I plan on putting a few hundred rounds through mine in the coming weeks. It's only had a few mags through it as pf now but so far so good. I swore I'd never by a Taurus but I like the feel of this one so I'm giving it a shot. I've still got the LCP for a pocket gun if anything doesn't pan out.

did taurus fix the problem with the reset on the TCP?

The Problem with the Taurus TCP - YouTube

to does who owns a TCP, can you check if this does happend

Ruger!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I have the LCP. The reason I went with it besides it's competitors (Taurus TCP, and KelTec P3AT), is because the TCP hadn't been out very long at the time, and the P3AT didn't have a slide stop. But I've heard the TCP is just as reliable as the LCP. My very first gun was a Taurus pistol, I can't remember it ever having problems. I hear many people bashing their quality control, but I think it's got a lot better. Every other company has problems with their guns when they are first released, even the LCP! Heck, I saw a glock Gen 4 that had problems!

All I ask of my LCP, TCP, P32, P3AT is that it launches a bullet and readies itself to do so again each time I pull the trigger. The P3AT proved incapable of that from mag 1. The P32 was the same with rimlock ruining any chance of success. So far my LCP (200 rounds) and TCP (50 rounds) have done what I need them to. The TCP feels better and is more accurate. So far that's all I got.

LCP all the way!

eb
    Our 2 TCPs have been utterly reliable. I don't normally recommend Taurus, but those 2 guns have not had ANY issues at all. They are more comfortable to shoot than the LCP IMO (for my hand anyway).

Neither of our TCPs have that "reset" behavior in that video. As far as I'm concerned that whole thing is blown WAY out of proportion.

VIP Member
    Ruger.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    The cheapest one.

Both have lifetime warranties, Taurus says it, Ruger seems to honor it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links