Glock 26

This is a discussion on Glock 26 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I bought a Glock 26 and it is taking some time for me to get used to it. I was hitting low and to ...

Thread: Glock 26

Glock 26

So I bought a Glock 26 and it is taking some time for me to get used to it.

I was hitting low and to the left quite a bit and on occasion jerking (anticipating).

Today I tried gripping harder and had really good results.

Is a soft grip limp risting?

2. Remove Ads

im a 1 year G26 owner. You just need to practice more with a firmer grip and the smooth trigger pull. loosening a grip on a pistol can quickly turn into a bad habit.

You are new to the gun, and probably do not know exactly how for back the trigger must be pulled for it to go boom (hints the anticipating). The glock trigger is like a 2 stage trigger pull. After some practice, you will begin to know exactly when it will "click". dry firing will also help you out by helping you get used to the trigger pull.

A "crush" grip is what the Glock needs. Learn to utilize the Glock trigger reset more than anything with the sub-compact Glocks IMO. This will make it or break it for most. Use your tools wisely.....and Glock on!

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    May be a trigger control issue. Make sure you are not getting to much finger on the trigger. If you have your first joint of the trigger finger on the trigger it can cause you to pull left. Pull straight back not a curved finger pull. At home watch closely as you pull the tigger until it breaks.....if the gun moves to the left at all you need to adjust your tigger pull.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    A "crush" grip is what the Glock needs. Learn to utilize the Glock trigger reset more than anything with the sub-compact Glocks IMO. This will make it or break it for most. Use your tools wisely.....and Glock on!
    Amen to that. When I started on Glocks, I was amazed at the difference in increasing the PSI on my support hand made. Plus by letting your support hand be the 'muscle', allows your trigger finger to finesse the trigger reset. You may find that you shoot like a super-hero in short order ;-).

Last 3 posts hit it on the head.
    Surprise break.
    Tight grip.
    Manage trigger reset.
    Pad of finger.
    You'll do fine. Excellent weapon.

I low left shot my Glock 26 for the first couple of mags too. I found that with just a little more concentration of how I held it and pulled the trigger worked miracles.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

Thanks for the replies..........I normally get to shoot 50 rounds Saterday and 50 Rounds Sunday but did not get to go shoot today.

I'll let you know how it goes after shooting next Saterday.

Give it some time. I had the same "problems" with my Glock 19; shot low, left...all over the place. It's a trigger you have to get used to. Took me a month or two, but by then I was shooting nice tight groups very consistantly. I think a lot of people get discouraged too quickly with the Glock trigger. People are always talking about different trigger springs and such, but just give it some time and let yourself learn it. Then change things around if you want, but give the stock setup a chance.

Practice dry firing and you will see the front sight dip when you manipulate the trigger. It takes practice to correct this.

Ive had mine a year and still getting used to the trigger. I think I will get it. For the first months that I owned it I practiced wrong bad technique etc. I have a friend who is helpning straighten out some thing and things are getting better. I still shoot my S&W 3913 and 13-1 better but its getting better every time I go. I think the 26 is perfect in concept I just have to perfect technique.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Ive had mine a year and still getting used to the trigger. I think I will get it. For the first months that I owned it I practiced wrong bad technique etc. I have a friend who is helpning straighten out some thing and things are getting better. I still shoot my S&W 3913 and 13-1 better but its getting better every time I go. I think the 26 is perfect in concept I just have to perfect technique.
    Well "Practice makes perfect" is not true........."Perfect practice makes perfect" is closer..............

It seems the "crush grip" is along the right path. Any web pages on the topic?

Not having much experience with guns I too had the same effect. I found that by gripping firmer and wrapping my other hand around the trigger hand reallly helped.

Links