SR9c owners...I have an isse

This is a discussion on SR9c owners...I have an isse within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I did the search and couldn't find anything similar to my problem. Recently bought the SR9c and shot it the other day. It shoots fine ...

I did the search and couldn't find anything similar to my problem. Recently bought the SR9c and shot it the other day. It shoots fine with the 10 round clip, but when I shoot it with the 17 round clip, the trigger gets stuck after each shot. It goes back forward if I nudge it with my finger, but that shouldn't need to happen. I cleaned it and shot it again with only 3 bullets in the 17 round clip and it does again. Any answers?
    Ruger SR9c

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    It doesn't like clips I guess. Maybe you should get magazines for it instead of clips.

Anyway, not sure how the Ruger mags are locked into the gun but it may have to do with spring tension.
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Call Ruger. Either they have a quick fix for you (unlikely, sounds like something isn't clearing) or they will have you send it in, on their dime, so that they can fix it, free.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

VIP Member
    If it is only happening with the 17 round magazine, I would venture to say it isn't a problem with the gun. If you have access to another 17 round magazine, try it and see if it does the same thing. Just a guess, but I would say you got a fauly magazine.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I swear I've seen something like that on the Ruger forums... not quite the same, but check it out...

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/view...91c296e46bc92b

Yea, it's the 17 round magazine. I have a habit saying clip if it was confusing for some. Thanks for the link huttoag96, that's the same exact problem I have. You think I should bother trying to figure whats wrong with it or just take it back so they can ship it back to Ruger?
    Ruger SR9c

Call Ruger make them fix it..mine works fine with both mags but to be honest the 17 rounder is kinda hard to insert with a closed/empty breech :) so the springs are pretty hardy..and no dont bother figuring it out just call them have them send you a prepaid ticket to send it back. Their "screw up/issue" make them fix it. That way you know it gets done right and does not cost you a cent.

Links