Glock 26 or 19 for CC

Glock 26 or 19 for CC

This is a discussion on Glock 26 or 19 for CC within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been set on the 26 as my CCW due to size. However, I think another one of my worries is how the 19 will ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Glock 26 or 19 for CC

Glock 26 or 19 for CC

I've been set on the 26 as my CCW due to size. However, I think another one of my worries is how the 19 will print due to being larger.

Is this a valid concern? I've not carried yet, unless hiking counts. But I have my permit now.

I really know little of own holsters, so I'm not sure how much gun would show anyway.

I've heard great things of the 19, but have fired the 26. I own the 17, but I want something smaller to carry at all times.

Would I carry the 26 somewhere different than I would the 19?

I hope this makes sense...trying to post this before I leave the house.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I really like my 26.No problems concealing or shooting.I pocket carry, in a holster of course.My wife adds an extension to the pocket on carpenter type pants.

I have no problem carrying the g19. Its more the new carriers perception than actual printing that is the problem. At first no matter how concealed it is, you look around to make sure no one is staring at you (AHHH man with gun! Call the cops!!) But people are generally oblivious. (just ask the open carry crowd)

But comfort is very important. See if you can find a good gun shop that will let you try on holsters. (Mine does and lets you use a blue fake plastic glock in 19,26 0r 17 size)

Congrats on the permit. You won't be sorry with either glock. Check out hickok45 on youtube to dispel myths on which is more accurate!
    G19
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hickok45...34/ri5AyXzxb4o

G26
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hickok45...31/BPvMJcmpVsQ
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Your choice of holster and gear are going to make it or break it in my opinion. I started CC life with my G27....but over the years and testing, I've found the gear I have and the Glocks I own...that I can conceal the compacts just as well as the subs. I don't expect you'll find out everything in a short time. It took me a while. But it's true. PM me if you'd like further info and suggestions. I've been carrying all of those Glocks for years and know what works for me. I'm running low on loan-out holsters for trials as of this week.
    Congrats on your permit BTW!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mlomeli View Post
    I've been set on the 26 as my CCW due to size. However, I think another one of my worries is how the 19 will print due to being larger.

Is this a valid concern? I've not carried yet, unless hiking counts. But I have my permit now.

I really know little of own holsters, so I'm not sure how much gun would show anyway.

I've heard great things of the 19, but have fired the 26. I own the 17, but I want something smaller to carry at all times.

Would I carry the 26 somewhere different than I would the 19?

I hope this makes sense...trying to post this before I leave the house.
    'Tough call. I carry both (the G26 tends to ride along more often in the summer and is what I snag for a quick run to the grocery store). Where you carry will depend on you and how you're built. I'll print just about anything carried at 3 oclock, but I can shove a brick in my waistband @ 4:30 and it dissapears. The good news is that you're comparing a excellent compact to a excellent sub-compact. Both are ideal for cc.

Go with the 26, its more concealable and you can always get a G19 mag and get an $8 spacer to get you a G19 grip if you like.

I carry a 19. Never been called out for printing. I find it a good compromise.

Well, my build is...5'9, roughly 185. So, I could lose a few.

If I go with the 19, I'll get rid of the 17 (money conscience). If the 26 is the choice, I'll save up and the 17 becomes home defense.

I guess I'm just self conscience about people seeing it. Probably a common thought with newer permit holders.

That hickok guy is nuts. I've subscribed to him long ago.

Either will work, but the 26 is a perfect CC weapon.IMHO
    zonker1986 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Youre really not going wrong in any direction. What swayed it for me was the versatility of the G26. Leave the mag alone and it might fit in your cargo pocket. Add the pinky extender and its a full grip mini. Put a G19 or G17 mag in it and it just became your best friend when protecting your home. The only thing I would want more from a G26 is the availabilty to hold a white light on it without extra modification. But you already have a G17 so thats already covered.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Your wardrobe and holster type have more to do with printing than the size of the gun. I'm 5' 9" / 190 lbs. and can easily conceal just about any full size handgun.

Today I carried my Glock 27 in a pancake holster under a gray tee-shirt. Sure it printed a little, but 98% of the public wouldn't notice it if I drew an arrow on my shirt pointing to it. Today any "bulges" under your shirt are percieved to be a phone, Blackberry or some other electronic device.

Tonight I was going to an area where I wanted a little more fire power so I wore my Glock 23 in a Blackhawk Serpa holster. I had on a dark tee-shirt and an un-buttoned plaid shirt. I was in a large room around 150 + people for 3 hours and no one suspected a thing. The more you carry, the less you'll be concerned whether you bulge a little.
    Proud NRA member

I carry a G19 and have no issues even with a t-shirt
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by mlomeli View Post
    Well, my build is...5'9, roughly 185. So, I could lose a few.

If I go with the 19, I'll get rid of the 17 (money conscience). If the 26 is the choice, I'll save up and the 17 becomes home defense.

I guess I'm just self conscience about people seeing it. Probably a common thought with newer permit holders.

That hickok guy is nuts. I've subscribed to him long ago.
    dont be nervous, i carry my g19 and no one notices...how many people have you noticed carrying? not many i bet...

G26. I also have a G19. You can always make the G26 bigger (insert G19 or G17 mag, insert longer barrel) but you cannot make the G19 smaller.

Only real advantage to the G19 is the accessory rail.

Both are great, but if I could only have one, the nod goes to the G26 for concealed carry.
    Brass63 likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ock&highlight=

That's a thread I started a few months ago on glock mods but the last couple paragraph's about the pearce grip extension is basically a "Why I prefer the 26 over the 19 for carry" explanation.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links