Diamond Back .380

Diamond Back .380

This is a discussion on Diamond Back .380 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone ever shot one of these little gems? I actually held one in the store today and they are set up exactly like micro glocks. ...

Thread: Diamond Back .380

Diamond Back .380

Anyone ever shot one of these little gems? I actually held one in the store today and they are set up exactly like micro glocks. even smaller than the Kahrs. They are same size as the LCP and the Keltec...wonder how they shoot. IMPUT??
    http://diamondbackfirearms.com/
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

input rather sorry
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

I have one and it's a awesome shooter. The felt recoil is amazing comparatively to my LCP. I bought it cause I assumed that because it had the locking breach that it would handle the hotter .380 rounds. I started seeing reports on the slide cracking and got concerned about the use of BB and alike. I picked up the Sig P238 and am happy. I'd say the DB shoots just a well as the Sig, but I'd only run the standard pressure rounds through it. IMO, the Sig would be a better pocket pistol unless the SA trigger is not an option. The DB has a very long trigger on it, but it feels better than the LCP IMO.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I wouldn't let the ability to fire "+P" .380 ammo sway your decision too much (sorry GBK! ). Plain old WWB .380 FMJ-FP get 16-17 inches of penetration, which beats the FBI standard of 12-15. See the testing at www.GoldenLoki.com. I don't see a need for the hotter stuff, especially if it can slow your follow-up shots. With any handgun, I would plan on needing multiple hits to do the job.

The DB 380 has had reports of initial teething issues, to be sure. I like the concept, and am waiting to see if this company scales-up this pistol and produces one in 9mm. If I didn't already have two LCPs in the family, I would give this one a serious look.

One other consideration - as far as I am aware, no one yet makes a laser for the DB. I like lasers, so that would be a consideration.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I wouldn't let the ability to fire "+P" .380 ammo sway your decision too much (sorry GBK! ). Plain old WWB .380 FMJ-FP get 16-17 inches of penetration, which beats the FBI standard of 12-15. See the testing at www.GoldenLoki.com. I don't see a need for the hotter stuff, especially if it can slow your follow-up shots. With any handgun, I would plan on needing multiple hits to do the job.

The DB 380 has had reports of initial teething issues, to be sure. I like the concept, and am waiting to see if this company scales-up this pistol and produces one in 9mm. If I didn't already have two LCPs in the family, I would give this one a serious look.

One other consideration - as far as I am aware, no one yet makes a laser for the DB. I like lasers, so that would be a consideration.
    No problem 10thmtn, good advice for sure.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I bought my DB in March 2010. I had some problems early. Their customer service was very quick to get the gun back to me. Since then... this is a great shooter. The recoil is less than the TCP or LCP, not to mention it has sights so it is more accurate for me. Seemed to be a break in period of about 300 rounds. This is a good little gun. I wish they would come out with a single-stack 9mm

thanks guys, i may grab one I just have never been a big fan of the 380 acp.

Sponsored Links