Glock 26 vs. Kahr PM9

This is a discussion on Glock 26 vs. Kahr PM9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For concealability, PM9 wins it hands down. Glocks are nice, they have their following. I've had a few and hope to get another one, but ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Glock 26 vs. Kahr PM9

For concealability, PM9 wins it hands down. Glocks are nice, they have their following. I've had a few and hope to get another one, but would not give up my PM9 for one.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

2. Remove Ads

Here is a good reference chart for the PM9 vs Glock 26
    http://www.kahr.com/dtlcomp_pm9193.html
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

If you intend to pocket carry, PM-9 will serve you better. although a 26 will fit into large pockets, its thickness may give it away and make it look funny. If the intent is just to have a concealable IWB pistol... 26's capacity will serve you better.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

I keep looking at KAHR.

I had one in 2006. A PM40 Covert, the long slide, short grip one.

Light gun, but with 180 Grain Winchester SXT, absolutely savage. Also, was picky with ammo.
    Customer service was great...but.

I don't really want to sink $800 or more into a gun itself, have to run my 200 rounds through it to get it reliable, then have to proof it with several brands of ammo, and factor in a return to the factory for repairs if needed.

I really want a KM or PM 9. They look fantastic, and would be a great weapon for a second gun...
    But for the projected investment of cash...No.

I'll go with a used J-Frame.
    Lower initial investment, more money toward practice ammo, less variables. Little 9mm pistols are cool and all...but for the price, I just can't go that way.

If you can, and are willing to sink the cash & time into it to make it reliable, good on you.

I can't, and I won't.

Yes, here I go reviving another old thread. I'm bored. Sue me!

Having owned a Glock 26 and being a current owner of a Kahr CM9, I prefer the CM9 for carry. I considered getting the PM9 but was put off by the $700+ price tag. Now that the CM9 is available for almost half that price, I went and got one. I LOVE IT! Super easy to conceal AND it's comfortable AND I didn't have to break the bank!
    ....But I digress...I love Glocks. As a matter of fact, I just got a new Gen 4 19 yesterday. I just really did not like the ergonomics of the G26. Great capacity for the size...just couldn't love it. The 19/23/32 I love. Perfect size IMO. Still, can't beat the Kahr for carry.
    Kilowatt3 likes this.
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

I did not have good luck with the kahr nor did any of my friends. The glock 26 doesn't usually have any problems whatsoever. If you are worried about the glock being chunky take a look at the Shield 9mm. Everyone is always talking about the shield for a reason.

I have had both, the PM9 was to large for pocket carry for me, if it is going to IWB OR OWB the Glock gets my vote.

Have a G27 and CM9, CM9 in an IWB completely disappears. You can wear just about the tightest Tshirt you could find and the CM9 disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    The PM9 is much easier to conceal than any Glock.
    But the Glock has more rounds and for many; it seems to be easier to shoot well. Never have had a "nosedive: with Glock mags; have had plenty with PM9, P9, and CW9 pistolas. I won't have any more though cause I dress around the Glock 26 almost daily.

Quote Originally Posted by druryj View Post
    But the Glock has more rounds and for many; it seems to be easier to shoot well. Never have had a "nosedive: with Glock mags; have had plenty with PM9, P9, and CW9 pistolas. I won't have any more though cause I dress around the Glock 26 almost daily.
    I would never argue the CM9 is a better shooter than the Glock, but the CM9 is a much more concealable pistol. Pros and cons I suppose.

saa
    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    The PM9 is much easier to conceal than any Glock.
    A substantial capacity difference as well. My G26 with Pearce +1 mag ext's is 12+1; PM9 is 7+1 with the extended mag. The difference in concealment is capacity, for me anyway. The 26 is my most frequent EDC.
    saa.
    "Every man is my superior in some way, in that I learn of him." - Emerson

"The value of good work lasts far longer than the sting of working for too little money." - Patrick Truillio

I used to have a G26. I sold it to a friend and picked up a Kahr cm9. The Kahr is in my regular rotation because the ease to carry concealed. My other carry guns are the Shield and Glcok 19. However, I may sell by Kahr cm9 because my shield serves the same purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by druryj View Post
    I dress around the Glock 26 almost daily.
    And dressing around the G26 consists of basically anything other than going nude

OP, more reliability and higher capacity never hurt anyone. I used to carry an LCP during the summer because I didn't think I could get away with hiding anything else. My normal G19 seemed too big for t-shirt carry. I decided to get a G26 last summer after going round and round between the G26, Kahr CM9, and S&W Shield. The difference in size between the pistols isn't really all that much in the grand scheme of things. In the end, I wanted higher capacity and it also didn't hurt that I have other 9mm Glocks so my higher cap mags are usable in the 26 as reloads.

Go with the most gun you can get away with. The right belt and holster will make the G26 vanish wearing almost anything. Appendix carry with a Raven Concealment Vanguard 2 is my go to setup for my G26 during the summer and I've yet to find a situation that makes me go back to the LCP because I can't hide the G26. I have been wearing shirts with the G26 that I wasn't able to with the G19 with no problems.

tmoore912 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOhioan View Post
    I would never argue the CM9 is a better shooter than the Glock, but the CM9 is a much more concealable pistol. Pros and cons I suppose.
    Seems to me I heard maybe somebody say that every handgun we choose, for carry anyway, is a compromise somehow. True dat.

I own and can carry both at the same time and nobody even has a clue But if I could only keep one it would be the glock 26.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links