Interesting Observation

Interesting Observation

This is a discussion on Interesting Observation within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was in a large city end of last week and going through the drive through when a I saw a armored truck parking. Guy ...

Thread: Interesting Observation

Interesting Observation

I was in a large city end of last week and going through the drive through when a I saw a armored truck parking. Guy gets out to go inside and I stop to let him go in fornt of me. He has on a very, very nice leather belt and holster rig with a 4" Revolver with Hogue grips (I am assuming a Smith or Ruger revolver couldn't really tell, may have been a old Colt) but on his belt he had a ammo loops with ammo. I haven't seen a rig like that since I was a kid, it was really nice, not sure I would want to reload in a hurry from loops but it was definitely a pleasant sight and it seems it is a company or individual who cares for his equipment.

VIP Member
    Bottom feeders don't work well in the slits in armored truck.

Most truck employees carry revolvers and/or shotguns.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    Bottom feeders don't work well in the slits in armored truck.

Most truck employees carry revolvers and/or shotguns.

Slits?
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Slits?
    Firing ports in an armored vehicle.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by cmb View Post
    I was in a large city end of last week and going through the drive through when a I saw a armored truck parking. Guy gets out to go inside and I stop to let him go in fornt of me. He has on a very, very nice leather belt and holster rig with a 4" Revolver with Hogue grips (I am assuming a Smith or Ruger revolver couldn't really tell, may have been a old Colt) but on his belt he had a ammo loops with ammo. I haven't seen a rig like that since I was a kid, it was really nice, not sure I would want to reload in a hurry from loops but it was definitely a pleasant sight and it seems it is a company or individual who cares for his equipment.
    How long ago since you were a "kid"? That is kind of interesting. I don't know much about the Armored car guys, or the carriers, but I've observed many carrying the cash bags in and out of the stores and such. I'm almost sure they are underpaid for the risks they face on the job. I'm sure many of them have to supply their own gear and weapon(s). Revolvers are not really something we should be surprised at being carried by professionals or those enlisted in services requiring tactical response. After all, a lot of revolvers require the long pull of the trigger in double action. Your views about this individual somewhat dictate that they are rather serious in their demeanor, and chose their tools for good reasons. I'll bet is was a Colt or Ruger. Nothing wrong with a six-shooter on the hip. It does however take some of us back to the day. Refreshing I would guess. Not to contemplate the reasons behind their choice of weapons nor to criticize them in any way.

wouldnt be suprised if he had a semi auto bug hidden somewhere

Not many years ago I think it was policy to have revolvor in hand, When carring Money Bag (Brinks) I think ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

RAMROD is right when he says under paid. 10 dollars a hour to protect a couple hundred thousand to a couple million dollars in the middle of Miami! We have worked with the Brinks guys before with my security company and we both had Smith & Wessons on our hips. Im a younger guy so no nostalgia here.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

Links