S&W M&P 45 compact?

This is a discussion on S&W M&P 45 compact? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by mag318 Out of my 3 M&Ps the 45 compact is my favorite, the only thing I did to it was sending it ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: S&W M&P 45 compact?

Quote Originally Posted by mag318 View Post
    Out of my 3 M&Ps the 45 compact is my favorite, the only thing I did to it was sending it off to Robar for their NP3 electroless nickle finish. Great pistols.
    That looks niiice, I've got the FS-40. checked out their site, they have a coupon until the end of Aug for 20% off. http://www.robarguns.com/specials.htm

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by mag318 View Post
    Out of my 3 M&Ps the 45 compact is my favorite, the only thing I did to it was sending it off to Robar for their NP3 electroless nickle finish. Great pistols.
    Looks sweet, but i looked at the Robar sight...pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpjumper View Post
    I sold my Glock 30 and purchased a 45c. It is more accurate and seems to shot "softer". The one main plus, to me, is the thumb safety. I like it and for those that don't , it is easily removed and the holes plugged.
    Or you can just order one without the safety:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y

Gun control is not the answer. Gun control is the question. The answer is NO.

Distinguished Member
    It's a 4" barrel. It's not a gun I'm wanting to sell but neither is it summer concealment for me. It might work IWB under a Hawaiian shirt.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

.45 Compact

I currently carry a Sig Tac Ops 1911 concealed (i'm 6'1, 205 fit guy) actually pretty well, but I'm looking for something a bit smaller that still gives me 8 rnds of .45, can anyone post pics of them carrying concealed the .45 compact? Inside the waistband and paddle holster. I work EP so this will be my EP choice of weapon. Thanks fellas.

Ben

Idk why someone said the M&P is ugly.. it's not.

Friend of mine just bought a 45C. Great gun. Myself, I EDC a 9c :)

I just got a 45c about a month ago. I also ordered a Crossbreed Supertuck and Instructor belt. I did alot of research before I chose the 45c. To me it seems to be the best CCW for many reasons. S&W reliability. Great ergonomics. Affordability. Concealment. Simple design/ easy to work on. Versitility. I like that I can carry 8+1 with a short magazine or get a full size mag w/ x grip and have 10+1.
    True, it isn't as sexy as a 1911, but it is a tough looking little gun. I would still like to add a Colt Defender to the arsenal when and if prices ever come back down.

Wow, 2 1/2 year thread necro...

But for the M&P 45c, it's worth it!

I love mine..... It doesn't get carried as much since I got the Shield in 40, but a great gun
    An imperfect servant of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

Buying American made, keeping Americans working
    ....Whenever I still can

What non-shooter are YOU planning on taking to the range?

Question: on the 45c, if the safety is engaged can the slide go back? Some pistols without thumb safeties have the slide move back about 1/8", say, when holstering, taking it out of battery and freezing up the trigger so that it won't fire when drawn. So you gotta push the slide back into battery with your thumb. That's the reason why I'd want a thumb safety. UTube's Hickok45 is seen doing it on the "Glocks not welcome!" video,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37EFEPBw9wQ specifically the Walther PPS.

And guess what this shooter does the second he pulls the 45c out of the holster?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVB5-jZMqz0 Yep, he pushes the slide from the back. It looks like habit, though, not an actual hang up. Do you striker fans also do it out of habit? I know that XDs and Steyrs have the same type of "problem".

And yes, I should have started a separate thread. I apologize.

I've had a 45c for about 2 months now and love it. Full size feel but compact size and 45 acp. When I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt its usually the Shield but for most all other situations the 45c is very comfortable and concealable.
    "If there is trouble, I stay here to help you. For your father -- for your father."

I have a 45C, and I'm wondering if I can be the only person who hates the trigger out of the box? I went for awhile without shooting it during which time I shot my Glock's, Springfield's, and Ruger. When I took the 45C out, I actually wondered at first if the trigger was broken. I installed an Apex trigger kit, and I'd say that moved it into the "almost satisfactory" category. On the plus side, the ergonomics of the gun are great, and it is a very soft shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911er View Post
    Question: on the 45c, if the safety is engaged can the slide go back? Some pistols without thumb safeties have the slide move back about 1/8", say, when holstering, taking it out of battery and freezing up the trigger so that it won't fire when drawn. So you gotta push the slide back into battery with your thumb. That's the reason why I'd want a thumb safety. UTube's Hickok45 is seen doing it on the "Glocks not welcome!" video,Glocks Not Welcome! - YouTube specifically the Walther PPS.

And guess what this shooter does the second he pulls the 45c out of the holster?: SMITH & WESSON M&P-45 - YouTube Yep, he pushes the slide from the back. It looks like habit, though, not an actual hang up. Do you striker fans also do it out of habit? I know that XDs and Steyrs have the same type of "problem".

And yes, I should have started a separate thread. I apologize.
    I'm going to assume that the 45C works just like the 9C and say that yes you can operate the slide with the safety engaged. When the gun was new, and I was using a new holster, I did have the slide get pushed back slightly out of battery like you mention, however, with some dry fire practice and holster break in, this was no longer a problem. So to answer the last question, no I don not push my slide forward out of habit, it is always forward and ready to go.

I have two M&P's., a 45C and the new M&P Core 40 with an Trijicon RMR. Both are great shooters but the Core may be the most accurate weapon I have ever shot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links