S&W M&P 45 compact?

S&W M&P 45 compact?

This is a discussion on S&W M&P 45 compact? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any S&W M&P 45c owners here,if so how do you like this gun? I believe I've settled on one of these and just want first ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: S&W M&P 45 compact?

S&W M&P 45 compact?

Any S&W M&P 45c owners here,if so how do you like this gun? I believe I've settled on one of these and just want first hand options on these guns,also do you find it difficult to conceal thanks.
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

I have a M&P 45 "midsize". It's basically a FS with a 4 in. barrel. Easily one of the best handguns I have owned. However carrying in the summer out of the question. Summer is a M-60 revolver. The M&P is accurate and I trust it completely....no issues with it at all. Can't go wrong with it.

Good choice. With the proper holster and a sturdy belt, concealment is not an issue. I hardly notice having it on.

VIP Member
    Dude! I love M&P's I have two of them and honestly I think they are the cats meow for EDC.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

THE M&P 45c has a 4" barrel,my wife liked it so much that is what she wantss to carry when she gets her license,I like it ans it shoots well,definitely have no problem concealing it
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Out of my 3 M&Ps the 45 compact is my favorite, the only thing I did to it was sending it off to Robar for their NP3 electroless nickle finish. Great pistols.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Finlander View Post
    I have a M&P 45 "midsize". It's basically a FS with a 4 in. barrel. Easily one of the best handguns I have owned. However carrying in the summer out of the question. Summer is a M-60 revolver. The M&P is accurate and I trust it completely....no issues with it at all. Can't go wrong with it.
    I felt the same way with my Glock 30sf until I purchased a great holster (Occidental Leather Stronghold Phoenix) which made the Glock 30 easy to conceal and very comfortable to carry. It's now my EDC...even in the summer time with just a T-shirt and shorts.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

I sold my Glock 30 and purchased a 45c. It is more accurate and seems to shot "softer". The one main plus, to me, is the thumb safety. I like it and for those that don't , it is easily removed and the holes plugged.

I have a 45 Compact. It's awesome. It feels great in the hand and conceals well.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

I had two M&P 45's, one was a compact. I loved the guns and now have an M&P9. Now, I had a little issue with my 45c where the space between the mag and frame would bite my little finger, but the beauty of polymer is the dremel will take care of that in a few minutes and you can barely notice the work.

I had to smooth and slightly angle the area where the front strap and trigger guard meet since my middle finger was rubbing there a bit. I had to do something similar to one of my 1911's a while back and it looked horrible until I sent it out for refinishing.

The M&P in 45 is a very soft shooting gun (any caliber for that matter) and a blast to shoot. One thing I'd strongly suggest is the Apex sear. I'd do the DCAEK kit which has the stronger trigger and return spring. It adds a little to the pull weight, but makes the reset much more pronounced and pushes your finger forward during reset. If you polish the internals, you'll drop the weight down a pound or more and have an amazing trigger. I'd rather have smooth and slightly heavier that I can shoot very fast than a light trigger with a weak reset that I can shoot pretty fast. It's the final part to make a great gun even better.

Oh, and some Warren 2-dot sights or Heinie Straight-8's.
    USM1976 likes this.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

I also have the M&P .45 Mid-Size, great shooter all around great pistols you won't go wrong buying one.
    USM1976 likes this.

Have the M&P compact in 357Sig. I very much like the 3 different hand grip sizes to fit almost anyone. Crimson makes a laser grip especially for the M&P. The cost of 45acp ammo is pricey. The 357sig can be converted to a 40 cal just by switching the barrel which I preferred over the 45acp.
    Either way it's a great choice.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Thanks guys a lot of good info here about these pistols. I looked at the Glock 30SF but the M&Pc fit me better,so I'm gonna go that route.

Thanks guys a lot of good info here about these pistols. I looked at the Glock 30SF but the M&Pc fit me better,so I'm gonna go that route.

I've had a M&P c 45 for about a year. While it's not the best looking, it's probably the ugliest, gun I own, it's hard to beat for function. It matches my SIG's for accuracy and has never had a problem of any kind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links