Glock RTF2 Grip too aggressive?

This is a discussion on Glock RTF2 Grip too aggressive? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have had my Glock 23 RTF2 for about a month now. I love it. Good feel, shoots great and easy enough to conceal. The ...

Thread: Glock RTF2 Grip too aggressive?

Glock RTF2 Grip too aggressive?

I have had my Glock 23 RTF2 for about a month now. I love it. Good feel, shoots great and easy enough to conceal. The only thing I don't like is the grip texture. It it so aggressive, that after firing 150 rounds my first range trip, it actually removed a layer of skin from my hand. Does anyone have this issue? I was thinking of using some 400 grit sandpaper and ever so slightly removing the tiny tips from the pyramid shaped spikes that make the grip. One thing i have to say though, even though my hands were wet with sweat on that hot summer day, I did not lose my grip.

I am also putting on a Ghost Ultimate trigger kit this week. I will let you know how it works.

2. Remove Ads

I personally can't stand the RTF grips on Glocks. Its just too aggresive for my tastes. And its not that I have very sensitive hands. I just prefer the Gen3 feel better.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

I like the grip until I start shooting it. I was going to get a Glock 19 3rd Gen, but found this one used for a good price so i grabbed it. I figured I would just use some good shooting gloves at the range and be thankful for the superb grip if I really need it.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockJS View Post
    I personally can't stand the RTF grips on Glocks. Its just too aggresive for my tastes. And its not that I have very sensitive hands. I just prefer the Gen3 feel better.
    I can't stand the RTF2 grips on the Glocks as I also prefer the Gen3 Glocks. I never had a problem with the grips hurting my hands while firing, I just couldn't stand them sawing away at my side when carrying it IWB
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

GM
    I am not a Glock guy, but I got rid of my old 3rd gen G19 RTF and I got a 3rd gen G19 RTF2. I like the RTF2 much better.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockJS View Post
    Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think that you mean RTF2 and not RTF. You can get some 3rd gen Glocks with RTF2 if you want; e.g. G17, G19, G23.
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...9-and-23-rtf2/
    Last edited by GM; August 16th, 2010 at 11:34 AM.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The current Gen 4 RTF is less "aggressive" than the earlier version, which I, too, found uncomfortable. My first thought when picking one up was--shooting gloves. According to the LGS dealer, there were complaints of it rubbing holes in uniforms, etc.

Many people have felt the earlier RTF (2?) version and equate it to any RTF. It was often seen on the few models with the chevron slide serrations. The latest version has broader points and the tips are blunter. Much better. As for sweaty hands and slippery grips, I've never had that problem, even with my smooth, wooden-grip Ruger .41 BH.

If it were mine, I'd sand the tips down to my confort level. It shouldn't take much. It's your gun; do what you think you need to do. Unless you're planning on selling it, it shouldn't be an issue.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    I have 3 RTF2's...a 19, 22 and 23. I lightly sanded all 3 with 240 grit sandpaper, just enough to tone down the prickly spikes. Doing this did not affect the appearance of the frame either.
    Proud NRA member

Links