Anyone have a 9mm Beretta Storm subcompact and kahr 380 they could do a size comp on

This is a discussion on Anyone have a 9mm Beretta Storm subcompact and kahr 380 they could do a size comp on within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Great pictures Lance. I'll add a small piece to the puzzle. The picture below shows the size difference between a Glock 23 and a PM40 ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Anyone have a 9mm Beretta Storm subcompact and kahr 380 they could do a size comp on

Great pictures Lance. I'll add a small piece to the puzzle.
    The picture below shows the size difference between a Glock 23 and a PM40 "sized' Kahr. If the piture of the Glock next to the PX4 made the Glock look small, imagine the Kahr next to it.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    I found some comparative photos for you of the two handguns taken by someone who owns both of them.

The size and weight differences are pretty dramatic. Here are the photos:

NOTE: The PX4 Subcompact was sent to Robar to be refinished. That is not a standard factory finish.

These photos are from P380forum.com:

http://p380forum.com/forum/index.php?topic=131.0
    KSP likes this.

But you can't beat the reliability, the extra rounds, and it's easy to carry.... it's not a big gun. The only people that I think might consider it big, is those who are carrying small .380's. I could compare it to an EMP as well, but it's about the same except for the PX4-SC is a bit thicker. I've never heard anyone call the EMP a big gun.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    It has basically the twisting barrel to reduce recoil and improve accuracy as the Beretta Cougar... and you can also look at those posts on here. I've seen no negative comments about either one of them. The only debate I've heard is ... whether people like the decocker or not. I didn't initally, but I've found advantages to having it now. I sometimes decock the gun, then turn it back off while in the holster. It's no issue either way.

-------------------------------

But you can't beat the reliability, the extra rounds, and it's easy to carry.... it's not a big gun. The only people that I think might consider it big, is those who are carrying small .380's. I could compare it to an EMP as well, but it's about the same except for the PX4-SC is a bit thicker. I've never heard anyone call the EMP a big gun.

Eagleks:

It is obvious that you know very little about the Beretta PX4-SC, and have no experience whatsoever in using the gun. The PX4-SC uses a totally different action design than the full size PX4. It is too small to be able to use Beretta's rotating barrel design that they first brought out with the Cougar, and then adopted in the full size PX4 too.

Anyone can easily verify this just by looking at photos of each handgun. There is no way at all that you could possibly actually own this handgun and use it, and not realize what type of action the gun has. Someone who has never actually owned or used the pistol, though, could easily make such an error.

To tell people that the gun is easy to carry and is not big when you are not personally familiar at all with the handgun is without any merit or validity at all on your part.

I have the PX4 sc, but have never found a holster for it....haven't look hard enough I am sure because I carry other pistols. However, compared to my Rohrbaugh R9, it is a big gun.
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

imthduke:

Not all holster companies are equal. Some are much better at supporting less popular pistols like the Beretta PX4-SC.

One would definitely have a hard time finding a holster in any gun store for this pistol. But if you look online, you can find lots of holsters available.

I really like High Noon Holsters, and they are one of the best companies in terms of supporting virtually any model of handgun. Almost their entire product line is basically available for the PX4-SC.

You can checkout all of their models here:

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lanner View Post
    Even any storm owners with feedback on how they like the sub compact?
    I have a storm in .40 flavor. The main drawback, inmo, is the safety. When safety is in "fire" position it is like a car with both doors open. It is possible to cut your thumb when trying to "slide" the slide.

KSP
    Love the deductive size comparison. It's like a good district attorney breaking down a case with solid, but circumstantial evidence.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, we have the means, motive, fingerprints, and DNA, all of which will place the suspect at the scene of the crime."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links