Anyone else getting delayed on EVERY SINGLE firearm purchase? :(

This is a discussion on Anyone else getting delayed on EVERY SINGLE firearm purchase? :( within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Up until some point last year, every single firearm purchase I've made in my entire life, since the law changed to no waiting period, was ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Anyone else getting delayed on EVERY SINGLE firearm purchase? :(

Up until some point last year, every single firearm purchase I've made in my entire life, since the law changed to no waiting period, was approved in a matter of minutes. Every single one. For a point of reference, there has been "a gob."

Since some point last year, EVERY SINGLE firearm purchase I've made has been delayed, usually to the maximum number of days. For a point of reference, this has happened on 4 separate occasions.

This has occurred at more than one FFL. Same story. One FFL was the same place I've made other purchases with no delays.

Little has changed in my life since the delays occurred. Keep in mind that even during the mass gun/ammo buying, I was still being approved immediately. It was after the rush was over that the delays started.

I've not all of a sudden become a criminal. I've joined no militias recently although if this keeps up, I may reconsider.

The only thing that has changed is last year I joined the NRA. Surely this couldn't be the reason, could it?

The gestapos have ticked me off so much that today I went out and bought another gun. Didn't need it, but hey, if they want to play games, I'll double my gun budget. Since apparently I can't buy guns the same day any longer, I'll start buying them early and more often so I'll have them around if I all of a sudden want one.

Really ticks me off to have to ask permission to buy a gun, and then have the answer delayed for days and days, especially if it's over a weekend. Who did I tick off? What crimes have I committed? I say they should either either arrest me if they can find evidence of me committing a crime (which they can't because I haven't--cept speeding sometimes ) or stop harassing me.

I may triple my gun budget.

Gestaponazis. them.

And the horse they rode in on.

Okay, gotta start researching my next gun.

Grady, I know how you feel.
    Here in Jersey, the process of getting a 'hand gun purchase permit' can take months.
    And once you obtain the permit, (which may be good for up to 6 handguns), we're limited to one handgun per month.
    I like your solution. I'm always looking for an excuse to buy another gun.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Without getting political I will just say this, things aren't going in the correct direction in most aspects in America these days. Sorry Grady for the bumps you encounter, and for all of us in life. Hang in there pal!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

In Tx all I gotta do is flash my CHL and no background check,the FFL writes down my license number on the 4473 I fill out and I walk out with my new gun
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Someone has a same name, Had been in trouble, Or the system Just SUCKS JMO ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

I have to say that I've never had a problem with waiting that long when purchasing handguns. It's usually within minutes and we don't have a limit on how many guns per permit......to my knowledge. Could there be an increase weapons purchasing in your state and slowing the process down?

Sounds like someone who has a name very similar to you is a wanted felon.

I do have a good friend who gets a delay every time due to a security clearance because the FBI needs permission to open up his clearance record. Usually it only takes a few hours before they check back for approval.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Up until some point last year, every single firearm purchase I've made in my entire life, since the law changed to no waiting period, was approved in a matter of minutes. Every single one.
    Must be something that LEO called in when you were stopped in Texas
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    In Tx all I gotta do is flash my CHL and no background check,the FFL writes down my license number on the 4473 I fill out and I walk out with my new gun
    Same in SC, just flash the CWP and it's cash & carry.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

i read something on this and if i recall correctly its probly someone w/ the same name as you got into some major troble within the last year. Ask your FFL for the number for the federal call in, i believe you can call them and look into it. I may be mistaken though but if you can its worth a shot

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Up until some point last year, every single firearm purchase I've made in my entire life, since the law changed to no waiting period, was approved in a matter of minutes. Every single one. For a point of reference, there has been "a gob."

Since some point last year, EVERY SINGLE firearm purchase I've made has been delayed, usually to the maximum number of days. For a point of reference, this has happened on 4 separate occasions.

This has occurred at more than one FFL. Same story. One FFL was the same place I've made other purchases with no delays.

Little has changed in my life since the delays occurred. Keep in mind that even during the mass gun/ammo buying, I was still being approved immediately. It was after the rush was over that the delays started.

I've not all of a sudden become a criminal. I've joined no militias recently although if this keeps up, I may reconsider.

The only thing that has changed is last year I joined the NRA. Surely this couldn't be the reason, could it?

The gestapos have ticked me off so much that today I went out and bought another gun. Didn't need it, but hey, if they want to play games, I'll double my gun budget. Since apparently I can't buy guns the same day any longer, I'll start buying them early and more often so I'll have them around if I all of a sudden want one.

Really ticks me off to have to ask permission to buy a gun, and then have the answer delayed for days and days, especially if it's over a weekend. Who did I tick off? What crimes have I committed? I say they should either either arrest me if they can find evidence of me committing a crime (which they can't because I haven't--cept speeding sometimes ) or stop harassing me.

I may triple my gun budget.

Gestaponazis. them.

And the horse they rode in on.

Okay, gotta start researching my next gun.
    In FL, if you have CCW it takes only a few minutes to do the paperwork, and then you can take your gun with you. But if you do not have CCW, you have to wait 5 days before you can take the gun home.

Other than that, I agree with everything you write.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I think they still call in and check in FL, but no wait (only until the call is completed). When I had my last pistol FFL'd to a local GS, I asked if he needed my CWFL when I stopped in to pick it up (the same day it arrived). Nope. And out the door I went.

Guess you shouldn't have "messed with Texas."
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Nope no waiting period and no permit required to buy or carry concealed. Buying a pistol and carrying it concealed in Vermont is as easy as buying a hotdog from a street vendor. I love VT
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    In FL, if you have CCW it takes only a few minutes to do the paperwork, and then you can take your gun with you. But if you do not have CCW, you have to wait 5 days before you can take the gun home.

Other than that, I agree with everything you write.
    I may be wrong, but I think the waiting time is set by county, one of the few "gun laws" they are allowed to make. Not real sure on that.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I was googling some info and found there is a guy with the same name, and I have a rare name, is in prison in Pennsyl. I want to go talk to that guy about changing his name. I hope it never causes me any issues.

That's weird..... did you go to Arizona recently ? Napalitano may have put you on her list.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links