Well, It's now gone

This is a discussion on Well, It's now gone within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I finally did it. I traded my Taurus 709 in for a M&P 40c. Looking forward to it coming in. They had to order it. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, It's now gone

Well, It's now gone

I finally did it. I traded my Taurus 709 in for a M&P 40c. Looking forward to it coming in. They had to order it. I feel much better now. My 709 has been extremely troublesome.

2. Remove Ads

I know EXACTLY where your coming from. I sold my troublesome 709 and bought a Glock 26. I have been nothing but happy ever since.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Nice, got rid of your Taurus door stop; why didn't you go all the way and get rid of the Taurus paper weight too? The one that shot 38s once upon a time, long, long ago?

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Life is too short for troublesome firearms. Good move.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

I have to wonder if Taurus troubles are relatively new. I have three - M85 (1992), PT-111 (2001), and an 851 (2003). The PT111 needed some warranty work in 2006, and turnaround time including shipping was under 4 weeks. Other than that, the guns have been flawless through thousands of rounds. Either I'm incredibly lucky (never happens, so I doubt that) or Taurus QC has gone downhill since my last purchase.

But hey, not to hijack the thread - I think you made a wise choice in the M&P40. In just a few short years these have shown to be incredibly reliable, and I think you're going to be real happy with it.

If you don't mind saying, how much did you have to throw in on top of the 709 to get the M&P?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Administrator
    Smart move.

los
    Quote Originally Posted by PastorPack View Post
    Life is too short for troublesome firearms. Good move.
    Or... Life is too short with a troublesome firearm.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Congrats, Great trade.

VIP Member
    Great move! You will love your new M&P for sure.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Every pistol has problems when first produced. Don't be a beta-tester unless you absolutely must be the first on your block to get one.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I have to wonder if Taurus troubles are relatively new. I have three - M85 (1992), PT-111 (2001), and an 851 (2003). The PT111 needed some warranty work in 2006, and turnaround time including shipping was under 4 weeks. Other than that, the guns have been flawless through thousands of rounds. Either I'm incredibly lucky (never happens, so I doubt that) or Taurus QC has gone downhill since my last purchase.

But hey, not to hijack the thread - I think you made a wise choice in the M&P40. In just a few short years these have shown to be incredibly reliable, and I think you're going to be real happy with it.

If you don't mind saying, how much did you have to throw in on top of the 709 to get the M&P?
    I've had my 709 SS for over a year. No problems at all. 1100 flawless rounds. I carry it quite often and am taking it to the range tomorrow for several hundred more through the pipe. Maybe I just got lucky, but I'm hanging on to mine.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

The M&P is by far a better pistol IMO. Taurus has some excellent designs, I'd really like to see the quality catch up and take advantage of it. JMO
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

CMR
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Smart move.
    For a lot of people, being a victim is a way of Life. That's a Life I choose NOT to live.

A Shepherd must tend to his Flock. And at times........fight off the wolves.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Congrats. I ditched a Taurus PT145 in favor of an M&P 45 Compact. I ditched my second Taurus mistake, a TCP738, for a Kahr PM9.

At least you didn't make the same mistake twice.

"I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Taurus has some excellent designs, I'd really like to see the quality catch up and take advantage of it. JMO
    I agree. If the Taurus designer(s) would leave and go to maybe Springfield or S&W, they could set the world on fire.

It's sad in a way.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links