got me a new one!!

This is a discussion on got me a new one!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; got me a glock 30 yesterday and so far i love it i havent had a chance to shoot it yet that will be later ...

Thread: got me a new one!!

got me a new one!!

got me a glock 30 yesterday and so far i love it i havent had a chance to shoot it yet that will be later today but i love the size and the feel of this pistol!
    No matter what anyone says you can never own enough guns!!!
    Glock 26
    Ruger LCP

2. Remove Ads

Great choice Mine is my EDC
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I have a G30 and it's a nice gun. The only change I made was to install an extended slide release lever. The production one is pretty useless, in my opinion. I also painted the whites of the sights with DayGlo-orange paint. All white sights disappear into the background too easily to me. I personally don't care for the night lights. Don't help me during the daylight, and not much good in the dark if it's too dim to see the target. But some think they're "essential," so check it out for yourself.

I bought a G21 mag and mag sleeve for HD duty. The extra rounds are nice when concealment isn't an issue. Carrying, even the 10 rds gets heavy without good support.

I've had one FTF with factory ammo of any brand, and that was entirely my fault, fired the gun with a loose grip (on the second mag). I've had some issues with reloads. It refuses to feed 200 grn SWCs, but 230 LRNs work fine. I use a Storm Lake barrel for the reloads.

I enjoy shooting it, will trust it with my life, but in all honesty, can't say I "love" it. I think it's the poly thing. I've never picked up any of them and thought, Oh my God, I've got to have this. A 1911 feels great, creates images of charging up the beaches on Pacific islands, but I can't generate the functional trust I have with the Glocks.

I'm sure you'll be plesed with it. It will do exactly what it's designed to do--go bang when you pull the trigger!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

GM
    Congrats and enjoy.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Links