In search of a new CCW.

This is a discussion on In search of a new CCW. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well since some scumbag like my CBOB better than me I am in search of a new CCW. The pistol in question must be a ...

Thread: In search of a new CCW.

In search of a new CCW.

Well since some scumbag like my CBOB better than me I am in search of a new CCW. The pistol in question must be a 1911 platform with an alloy frame with a 4.25 barrel and all forged or EDM parts no MIM. Any recommendation are greatly appreciated. My price range is up to $1500.00

2. Remove Ads

Welcome and sorry to hear about your CBOB, DW makes a fine weapon if you liked your first get another.

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

Tell us more about what happened.

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

GM
    Welcome to the forum
    My vote goes to other CBOB.. I think that DW’s are excellent firearms, and their customer service is excellent too.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I really liked the CBOB. However I was thinking maybe an alloy frame and save some weight. Regardless it will be an 45 ACP. The story is that i was out the the country working and we had A/C services techs come in an repair the system in a hallway next to our bedroom( gun was in a lock box but not locked. Well my wife and mother were in the kitchen not paying attention to them. When I came home I notice the gun was gone. Since the gun was purchase from an individual with no paper work still trying figure out my recourse.

I would sure as hell be making a police report if you haven't done so already. By no paperwork am I to assume you didn't have the serial number recorded in a safe place as well?
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
    You are not paranoid if They are actually out to get you, however, They probably are not and you probably are.

Call the company that you used for the repair. Explain it to them. If they say bring the reciept ect. explain it to them that you purchased from an individual. Is it possible to get a sworn statement from the individual you purchased it from? If they are a decent company, even if they don't do much to replace the gun, they might get rid of the tech.

If they company gives you no satisfaction, contact the BBB. If they are a member you will then get some repsonse from the company. The BBB has a method of arbitration for disputed matters.

Have you made a police report, identifying the gun as stolen? This will go a long way in your case, since filing a false police report is a crime, it should be reported and the serial number recorded. If nothing comes from the company, there is a chance it will show up later and be returned.

I certainly hope you don't leave valuables unlocked in the future when stangers are in your home. Good luck with your situation.

Oh, and as far as the gun goes, if your DW worked the first time, why switch to something new.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Sig RCS

Sig makes a 1911 that fits your spec. It is the RCS model with aluminum frame, 7+1 capacity, no MIM parts, 4.2 inch barrel length, night sights and 29.5 ounce weight empty.
    Link to Sig website, RCS model

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    Sig makes a 1911 that fits your spec. It is the RCS model with aluminum frame, 7+1 capacity, no MIM parts, 4.2 inch barrel length, night sights and 29.5 ounce weight empty.
    Link to Sig website, RCS model

I'd also recommend the RCS. I had one, but was forced to sale it. She shot much better than I did.

BTW. Welcome to the forum.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by TexPete View Post
    I really liked the CBOB. However I was thinking maybe an alloy frame and save some weight. Regardless it will be an 45 ACP. The story is that i was out the the country working and we had A/C services techs come in an repair the system in a hallway next to our bedroom( gun was in a lock box but not locked. Well my wife and mother were in the kitchen not paying attention to them. When I came home I notice the gun was gone. Since the gun was purchase from an individual with no paper work still trying figure out my recourse.
    I think that the DW CCO Bobtail is sooo sweet!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Dan wesson CCO
    kimber super carry pro
    CDP pro

Just what I could think of that I too am watching.

TexPete,

I own a '09 CBOB as well as a '09 RZ45. I too wanted the option of a little lighter load so I now have a 2010 DW CCO inbound. THe anodized aluminum Officer's frame mated to a molecular level black treatment to the stainless commander slide may just be the best of both worlds. I considered Colts New Agent/Defender but to my way of thinking the CCO trumps them three ways from Sunday. I voted with my wallet :)

BTW the differences between the 2009 and 2010 CCO models include:
    --Slide Black Duty Treatment
    --EGW carry bevel bushing
    --Greider forged slide stop
    --DW Barstock thumb safety
    --Tool steel fire controls
    --Improved Checkered mag release
    --Bob

DW CCO (2), CBOB + RZ45, Colt MKIV, CD EFS, P45C/T, BHP MKIII, FM M90, PT99AF, M681-1, 689, P238, MK678II

If you are stuck on an alloy frame, then the DW CCO is the ticket, hands down! If you don't mind a steel frame, check out the LB Stinger.

These are my two favorite EDC pieces right now.

I have to recommend the Springfield Champion Operator. Do some research on them. They can be had for about $900 and they are fantastic pistols.
    ‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’ — James Earl Jones, Actor

Links