LCR Hogue Tamer grips?

This is a discussion on LCR Hogue Tamer grips? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay, I've looked on Ruger's site, Hogue's site, searched forums and the open internet. I've been to cheaperthandirt.com, midwayusa.com, and gunbroker.com. I can find the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LCR Hogue Tamer grips?

LCR Hogue Tamer grips?

Okay, I've looked on Ruger's site, Hogue's site, searched forums and the open internet. I've been to cheaperthandirt.com, midwayusa.com, and gunbroker.com.

I can find the Crimson Trace grips all day long. I can even find the occasional Boot Grip. I cannot find the Hogue Tamer grips. Does anyone know of anyone that sells those grips, online or offline? Or, does someone want to buy a set of Crimson Trace grips for theirs, and get some credit for trading me your Hogue grips?

2. Remove Ads

I had to call Ruger CS to get the Hogue's. I wasn't happy with the CT Lasergrips on my LCR: Ruger wanted the serial number of my revolver before they'd agree to sell the Hogue grip. FWIW.

How much did they charge you for them? I don't know why they'd make it so hard to get ahold of them, you'd think that would be the ultimate sale for them, sell the revolver, then sell the "standard" grip after you bought the lasergrip from them. . .

I really don't recall: I try to block out disturbing experiences.

Seriously, the charged me more than I had expected and more than I had wanted to pay; but the grips made a nasty-recoil pistol into a nice little shooter. They're worth it. I think Hogue's only customer for the grips is the Ruger manufacturing system, probably send Ruger all that they make. They're both happy: Hogue moves all the product, Ruger's got the grips they need for for the line AND can sell some to schmucks like me at a hefty markup.

Pay the price, you"ll love 'em.

I intend to. . . gonna look around a bit and see if I can find a way to get them without the Ruger premium first though. First buyer's remorse I've had on a firearm, lol.

Thanks for your feedback CPO.

If anyone else wants the lasergrips, contact me and we'll arrange a partial trade :)

I have a pair you could have for a small fee and freight!

I have the CT grips on my LCR and the Houge is sitting in the box...

Pm me if interested

Consider yourself pinged :)

So, the question becomes, who wants to buy my lasergrips :) Does gunbroker come up with decent sale prices, or should I go to ebay? CAN I sell firearms accessories on ebay?

Gunbroker is a great site to sell stuff on. You can also try here!

What was it about the CT Lasergrips that you didn't like? Don't like lasers, or was the felt recoil too great?

I ask because I'm thinking about the LCR as an option for something light weight, yet with a bit more power than the .380 LCP I have. I'm debating two LCPs for deep carry, or one LCP and one LCR. I have to admit the .357 Mag LCR is appealing, but I do like lasers - and for now the lasergrip is only on the .38 version.

Also - what about the "boot grip" vs the "tamer" grip. I assume the "boot" grip is for a smoother draw?

Anywho...appreciate the insight. Thanks!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

I love the lasergrips. But I don't carry the LCR, my girlfriend does. . . and she has tendinitis in that hand. I can shoot it all day, and my hand is a bit sore (I'm a computer guy), my dad can shoot it all day, and not even notice (bricklayer), but she shoots three rounds, and is done, can't shoot it anymore.

If the hogue grips work, she'll keep carrying it, if they don't, it's getting relegated to the snake gun, and I don't need a laser for that anyway. I'll get her a 9mm if the LCR doesn't work out, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I have to admit the .357 Mag LCR is appealing, but I do like lasers - and for now the lasergrip is only on the .38 version.
    According to the Crimson Trace site, the LCR grip is for either the .38 or the .357.

I would imagine that it would beat the hell out of your hand though, on a .357

Yea, if the Lasergrip is the hard plastic, I'd think it'd sting a bit in the .357 Mag!

CT has some versions with a softer grip...maybe they can make one for the LCR?
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Yea, if the Lasergrip is the hard plastic, I'd think it'd sting a bit in the .357 Mag!

CT has some versions with a softer grip...maybe they can make one for the LCR?
    It is hard plastic. . . I couldn't figure that one out on the LCR. .38spl in that lightweight of a handgun hits fairly hard. Because of how lighweight and compact it is it's perfect for women to store in their purse, or for deep concealment, you'd think all the grips for it would be a bit "squishy" to help manage recoil.

VIP Member
    How much for the laser grips.I need a pair for my LCR?
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links