Sig P228

This is a discussion on Sig P228 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry my Glocks all the time, on and off duty. I never carry my 228 anymore. As a result I had kicked around the ...

Thread: Sig P228

Sig P228

I carry my Glocks all the time, on and off duty. I never carry my 228 anymore. As a result I had kicked around the idea of selling it. Then I dug deep into the bottom of my handgun safe and pulled out the 228. I held it (with it's houge grips) and sighed to myself. I cannot get rid of this handgun. It just melts into my hand. As much as I love my Glocks and their grip angle is perfect for me, the Sig still feels awesome.

When I punch out the Sig she is low (due to punching out the Glocks all the time). A few times drawing and punching the Sig out and the sights are lined up. Then when I go back to the Glocks, they are high. It only takes a few presentations to correct it.

So I went to the range the other day to finally adjust the sights on the 228. She had always shot to the right a bit. When I bought it from the original owner I noticed that the sights had appeared to be off center but I didn't have a Sig sight tool. The range I went to had one that I used and now she is dead on. I still don't care for the long first trigger pull and the single action is not bad, but I like the Glock reset. It is what I am used to.

Some people are diehard Glock fans. Some people are diehard Sig fans. Like I said, I carry my Glocks, but I have a soft spot in my heart for the 228 and I'll be keeping her.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

2. Remove Ads

You are very Sig,you need to check into a detox
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Glock 19 was my EDC until my wife decided to make it hers. So my P228 came out of the safe and now performs that duty. I shoot the Sig single action better than the Glock. Both are keepers. I know what you mean about it melting in your hands. You gotta love it.

Administrator
    I went through the same thing a few years ago. I'll never part with any of my 228's. They are simply to nice of a gun. Let me know if you do end up selling though.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I've only had my p228 a few months, and already, I know there's no way I'd ever let her go.
    I bet if you sell yours, you'll be kicking yourself in no time.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    You are very Sig,you need to check into a detox
    if you just suddenly stop Sig. You will have the typical sick, puking, sweats and climbing the walls. Typical withdrawal. Its not a pretty sight.
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

Quote Originally Posted by hihosilver View Post
    if you just suddenly stop Sig. You will have the typical sick, puking, sweats and climbing the walls. Typical withdrawal. Its not a pretty sight.
    Yup. There's no cure for the Signess.
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I went through the same thing a few years ago. I'll never part with any of my 228's. They are simply to nice of a gun. Let me know if you do end up selling though.
    You'll be the first Sixto, I know how much you love your 228's. But don't hold your breath LOL
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

My P228 is now in my carry rotation and I love this gun. Mine is a W German, 1996 Vintage. I like these much better than the new railed P228R's. The P228 is considered the Holy Grail of the 9mm, and I agree. The Glock 23, and 19 are getting some rest and the P228 is carried daily. I even like it over my HK USP, and that is saying something. If yours is a W German, non railed version and if you decide on selling her, send me a PM I would like to have at least one more.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

My P228 is why I wish we had OC here in Texas. It's two tone (silver over black) and is just too purrrrrrty to keep hidden! Perfect in the hand and in the holster!
    Dont ever let it get away from you!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Ready this thread makes me miss my Sig P228.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Quote Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
    My P228 is now in my carry rotation and I love this gun. Mine is a W German, 1996 Vintage. I like these much better than the new railed P228R's. The P228 is considered the Holy Grail of the 9mm, and I agree. The Glock 23, and 19 are getting some rest and the P228 is carried daily. I even like it over my HK USP, and that is saying something. If yours is a W German, non railed version and if you decide on selling her, send me a PM I would like to have at least one more.

NCH
    Yep, she is W German, no rails. I seriously doubt that I'll let her go, but Sixto called it first, LOL!
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    Yep, she is W German, no rails. I seriously doubt that I'll let her go...
    Same here. Got her around 1991 or 1992. She now rides with me all day, everyday.

Love mine...I too am a Glock for everyday. My 228 is my secondary. My wife has been shooting my P228 practicing until she gets her new G26. She has been cutting ragged holes at 10-15 yards offhand with it. It has been making me want to carry it again. May buy a new holster that isnt off the shelf for it and give it the nod for a while. I totally understand not wanting to rid it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Links