FNP 40 or 45? Anyone carrying them got photos and/or insight?

This is a discussion on FNP 40 or 45? Anyone carrying them got photos and/or insight? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I looking into a FNP 40 or a FNP 45(big gun) and want to know if anyone's carrying them? I'd like to see some pics ...

Thread: FNP 40 or 45? Anyone carrying them got photos and/or insight?

FNP 40 or 45? Anyone carrying them got photos and/or insight?

I looking into a FNP 40 or a FNP 45(big gun) and want to know if anyone's carrying them? I'd like to see some pics in holster if anyone has them please.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I don't have a 40, but I do have an FNP9, which I"m almost positive is the same size and weight as the 40. The 45 is considerably larger for carry. I carry the FNP-9 in a holster that I made myself, and it is extremely light and comfortable to carry in this rig. It is one of the first holsters I made, so it is rather simple, but very comfortable and functional.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Thanks keep em coming guys. I figured the FNP 9 would be about the same size. I just wondered how much bigger is the 45 to the 9.and 40cal? I held the FNP 45 about 2 years ago and it felt like a big gun to carry. I do carry a Full size 1911 and I'm willing to attempt to try it.

I have both the FNP-45, and the FNX-40, which is similar in size to the FNP-40. I carry one or the other (sometimes both) and am able to conceal both relatively easily. I'm a bigger guy, so I have more physical space to be able to conceal a firearm.

I have a tuckable IWB holster for both, and even the 45 is able to hide relatively well even under a standard size t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by leibdav1 View Post
    I have both the FNP-45, and the FNX-40, which is similar in size to the FNP-40. I carry one or the other (sometimes both) and am able to conceal both relatively easily. I'm a bigger guy, so I have more physical space to be able to conceal a firearm.

I have a tuckable IWB holster for both, and even the 45 is able to hide relatively well even under a standard size t-shirt.
    I have a MTAC that I may use with it. I'm a bigger guy as well I'm 6'6 285lbs. The MTAC can make my Fullsize steel Kimber in my avatar vanish under a polo shirt. I was thinking of getting the a body for the MTAC if Minotaur makes it to use with the same holster. I'm looking at both pistols really and the FNP 45 just seems like the deal of the century...lol. 14 or 15 rounds of 45acp. The 40 will do the job as well and could be what I end up with as well. Thanks for the info.

Links