Defensive Carry banner

What Would be a Fair Price for a Ruger P95?

109K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  DaveJay 
#1 ·
Like the title says, what would be a fair price for my Ruger P95 with two Don Hume holsters? It's about 6 months old with about 600 rounds through it, and has been meticulously cleaned every time it was shot. It's in very good considtion, as are the holsters.

What would be a fair price for the gun, 2 magazines, all original boxes, paperwork, and supplies it came with, and both an IWB and OWB holster for the gun?

#2 ·
A better description might help to asses. Stainless? Two tone? Night sights? IMO......may list the holsters separately. A package deal doesn't always get what it deserves on price. Somebody may only want the pistol and mags. You can't always throw accessories into the deal for a better price. If you do, you'll narrow down the opportunities for sale. Accessories almost always convey in the price, they may also muddle things when it comes to bottom dollar and dickering. Then of course, there is the market and gravitation. I had a P89DC back in the day. It never failed me, but that was back before I carried. I've got a good following with Ruger firearms......I like them and they are quality and seem to change very little over the years in their ways for good reasons.
Fair price? $350-$400 just like it was brand new. Like I say, try your holsters on EBay or something and only offer the pistol, box, and mags. Used.........I'm going to tell you something.....look it up on gunbroker and see what it's going for. I'm not even going there, but I'll give you my best advice..........list it for $375 and be willing to take $325 bottom dollar (shipping extra). Pistols still have a good market overall. Run an add in your local newspaper if you can. Selling local is good and avoid shipping go firm on $350. Good luck!
New ones on gunsamerica are going for $340

#4 ·
No need to thank me. I'm here for the give and take and just to help out when I can. My P89DC was the same...basic blued model. Kind of liked the decocker actually. Bought mine slightly used for $289 back when. I could actually kick myself for ever seeing it down the road. The Ruger P series are solid performers. I had mine way back before I considered carry, and it lived with me and got shot often over a three year period. I liked it. Good Ruger fan here since I have several others of the brand (rifles). You'll do fine selling it if that's what you want to do.

#5 ·
The Ruger autos are solid performers but they just dont seem to hold the resale value that other brands do.
I see a lot of Rugers around here going for 250-280. If it were stainless you might push 300, but that'd be about it.

Of course, guns may be higher in Florida. Arkansas is usally about the cheapest place in the nation to buy a gun.

#7 ·
Arkansas is usually about the cheapest place in the nation to buy a gun.
I'm lovin' this. Sometimes I think Arkansas holds the true values of America.

Reactions: The Old Anglo
#6 ·
The P95 has served me well and I have no issues with the gun. Part of me wants to keep it just because it works and I have to admit, it is hard for me to get rid of a gun in general; but, it's not really getting shot anymore and since I'm still in school, it certainly wouldn't hurt to have a little extra money.

#9 ·
I bought my stainless P95 with de-cocker a couple years ago from a local pawn shop for $300. It's an older model without the texture of the new ones and I really liked the older ones much better than the newer ones. I felt like $300 was really top dollar, should have been about $275, but I was willing to give it to get the older model that I really wanted.

#10 ·
Ram Rod, i have the same Ruger p89dc it's a good gun and i really like it... rarley used maybe 200 rounds put thru. bought from a guy at work for $200 about 3 yrs ago i know the resale for this gun is not that high but i was offered $350 for it. I may trade for a Glock but will see. What do you think this is worth?

#11 ·
Honestly? I'd sell it for $350 (what you were offered apparently)....IF you really wanted to sell it. Like I say....mine never failed me, and I do think they are solid performers (someone else said that too). Mine got traded off as a stepping stone. Back in the days I liked to move on a little faster than now. Being where I am now, I don't want for much. Do I sort of wish I still had that P89DC? Sure.....but I really wouldn't put one to much use these days. Back in the days before carry was an item to be considered, they held their worth more....(pistol tradin' days). Now...sad to say in a way...but the market has gone in other directions. That's just a fact. The Ruger P series pistols have always been a 'good buy' in my opinion. If I was to step back 15 years or so remembering my P89DC in my learning, yearning years, I'd say it would be worth more to me today than selling it or trading it. The honest truth. If you like it and it's never let you down.....keep it. It's probably worth more to you than anyone else. While many others carry the Ruger P series for 'carry', I don't consider it myself. That's just me. Saving up and buying the pistol you want takes more now than ever before. You alone should decide whether what you have in hand now is worth letting go while still owing for what you get. You alone will decide what the Ruger P series pistol means to you. Keeper.....or stepping stone. We all live with our decisions.

#13 ·
Thanks for the input, all. I know they aren't worth a whole lot new, but I figured since it is still relatively use, relatively lightly used, and comes with holsters, it might be a good value for someone seeking a "concealed carry start up kit." We'll see what I do with it, I haven't made up my mind yet... A part of me wants to keep it because I like having guns around and this one is certainly a solid gun; but, like I mentioned earlier, extra money is never a bad thing.

#14 ·
I traded a p95 last weekend at the gun show.It was new when i bought it it missfired the next 100 or so rounds.Would fire but not eject .I sent it to ruger ,they put a new ejector and spring.Fired 1 clip and it started again. Not a reliable CARRY gun.I gave 200 and the p95 for a new SR9c with the 10 and 17 mag in the box .The p95 cost me 279 new .So i got about even -25 dollars.My daughter has a p95 that we have put 800 rounds thru with no problem.. Go figure. At the show the P95 black were 269 to 349.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.