Defensive Carry banner

Now I see why the CZ-75 gets so much love!

13K views 28 replies 20 participants last post by  cz75luver 
#1 ·
I rented an XD45 and CZ-75B (limited edition, stainless) this weekend. and wow...it feels so good in my hand, the trigger is so easy and a good reset. even in rapid fire I was relatively on target. would be a great range/competition gun. only gripes are its a bit hefty and the slide is very hard to get a quick hold on, which would be bad for a carry gun....

#2 ·
When I went to buy a Sig something, the fella behind counter recommended a P-06 instead, for a number of reasons, most stated above.

I've never looked back and saved a significant amount of cash.

All my semi's (CZ's, of course) are chambered and the P-06 is a decocker, I'm ready.

Welcome aboard.

#4 ·
When I initially went looking for my first handgun I went to Academy Sports to hold a few different makes. I was eyeing the Glock 19 & 26, but the counter man had me hold a CZ 75B they had. The feel of the CZ was like night and day with the Glocks, it just instantly clicked. It felt as good, if not better, than my friend's High Power that I'd already shot. Instead of immedietly trying to sell me it though, the guy said I should do some research and look around for one of the compact variants since I was interested in a CCW. What a cool counter guy!

I went researching, found out about the CZ 75 'PCR' version and thought it looked right to me. Once I luckily found a local store that had one I snatched it up. Since day 1 it has been FANTASTIC! Reliable, accurate, comfortable, and relatively light and compact. The trigger was initially gritty but has smoothed out remarkably over less than 500 rounds through it. Now when I go to the range all of my friends want to shoot it. Everybody seems to shoot it very well, regardless of experience. I'm definately a fan of CZ now.

Next in the family will hopefully be a polished 75 stainless.:santaclaus:

#5 ·
Once the CZ bug bites, you'll be hooked on them. The frame over slide does take a little adjustment, but in no time it's a non-issue. especially if your carrying with 1 in the chamber already. As far as the weight, look at one of the compact models (75 Compact, PCR, P-01 or P-06). The 75 Compact is steel framed, the rest are alloy frames.

#6 ·
I actually considerd giving up my Z for a S&W but I couldn't do it

#10 ·
I was at the range with my CZ75 PCR 9mm yesterday. It now has 300rds through it and not a hiccup. It's only my 3rd trip to the range with the PCR and I enjoy shooting it more every time I get to use it. The trigger is getting smoother. It fits my hand better than any other gun I picked up. I couldn't be happier with this gun.

#12 ·
Do not get rid of your Glock 19...that is an awesoem gun.. The CZ is too, but dont give up a perfectly good gun.

#13 ·
I can't wait till I get some 3 dot night sites. the only thing I really hate about the 19 are the sights. I shoot the 19 better with 3 dots....oh...and its not pretty like other handguns :wink:

#18 ·
I am up to 7 now. The CZ 75 is just a superb design and one of the most copied also.

OP...I don't see why the frame over rail design is an issue, even if you find it hard to rack. You should always have a round chambered in a carry handgun anyway. An empty gun does you no good in a fight when seconds count. Having to present the weapon from a holster in a tense life threatning situation, and then rack the slide to chamber a round is far to costly in time that be the difference in a life and death situation.
....pull, point and shoot (repeat)....no rack needed unless its a reload.

#15 ·
Bought a CZ-82. Liked it so much I bought one for my son. When the Lotto check arrives, I buying one of every model. Nice guns.

#17 ·
For me, it all started with the purchase of a stainless 75B. At the time, it was sight unseen and I bought it based on reviews and write-ups. I just figured, what the heck. After the purchase, I was hooked. Then came a PCR, a 75 BD, a P-01, and I ordered a 75 Compact (all steel) yesterday. The only grip that comes close is the Jericho 941 which happens to be a CZ 75 clone, but for EDC, the PCR and/or P-01 are tops.

If wanting night sights on one of the compact pistols, you'll want to go with either the P-01 or all steel 75 Compact as the PCR rear sight is shaped differently. Just an FYI.

#20 ·
Have 3 CZ's: CZ 75-SP01 Phantom, CZ 2075BD RAMI, and CZ-1945 (antique) 25acp pocket pistol.

Currently lusting for several more:
CZ-97bd (45acp)
CZ-82 (9mm Makarov)
CZ-92 (a modern update of the 1945--not available in USA)
CZ vz-58 rifle

Also have a CZ-75 airsoft :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.