Now I see why the CZ-75 gets so much love!

This is a discussion on Now I see why the CZ-75 gets so much love! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I rented an XD45 and CZ-75B (limited edition, stainless) this weekend. and wow...it feels so good in my hand, the trigger is so easy and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now I see why the CZ-75 gets so much love!

Now I see why the CZ-75 gets so much love!

I rented an XD45 and CZ-75B (limited edition, stainless) this weekend. and wow...it feels so good in my hand, the trigger is so easy and a good reset. even in rapid fire I was relatively on target. would be a great range/competition gun. only gripes are its a bit hefty and the slide is very hard to get a quick hold on, which would be bad for a carry gun....
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

2. Remove Ads

When I went to buy a Sig something, the fella behind counter recommended a P-06 instead, for a number of reasons, most stated above.

I've never looked back and saved a significant amount of cash.

All my semi's (CZ's, of course) are chambered and the P-06 is a decocker, I'm ready.

Welcome aboard.

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    One of my son's will not give up his CZ's forn any other handgun. I will buy my kids anything they want and he remain's firm.

When I initially went looking for my first handgun I went to Academy Sports to hold a few different makes. I was eyeing the Glock 19 & 26, but the counter man had me hold a CZ 75B they had. The feel of the CZ was like night and day with the Glocks, it just instantly clicked. It felt as good, if not better, than my friend's High Power that I'd already shot. Instead of immedietly trying to sell me it though, the guy said I should do some research and look around for one of the compact variants since I was interested in a CCW. What a cool counter guy!

I went researching, found out about the CZ 75 'PCR' version and thought it looked right to me. Once I luckily found a local store that had one I snatched it up. Since day 1 it has been FANTASTIC! Reliable, accurate, comfortable, and relatively light and compact. The trigger was initially gritty but has smoothed out remarkably over less than 500 rounds through it. Now when I go to the range all of my friends want to shoot it. Everybody seems to shoot it very well, regardless of experience. I'm definately a fan of CZ now.

Next in the family will hopefully be a polished 75 stainless.

VIP Member
    Once the CZ bug bites, you'll be hooked on them. The frame over slide does take a little adjustment, but in no time it's a non-issue. especially if your carrying with 1 in the chamber already. As far as the weight, look at one of the compact models (75 Compact, PCR, P-01 or P-06). The 75 Compact is steel framed, the rest are alloy frames.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I actually considerd giving up my Z for a S&W but I couldn't do it

I have three CZ's: A 75B and two 82's.

They've all proven themselves to be just about the most exceptional, reliable pistols I've ever shot.

Next gun I buy will be a 2075 RAMI.

I would love to get the 97 in .45ACP, but it's just too darn big.

Meh. Had a CZ75b and CZ7b compact, sold them both for M&Ps, haven't looked back.

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    I've got the CZ 75BD and with a good holster and belt find that the weight is not a problem. The CZ's do fit my hand very well.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

I was at the range with my CZ75 PCR 9mm yesterday. It now has 300rds through it and not a hiccup. It's only my 3rd trip to the range with the PCR and I enjoy shooting it more every time I get to use it. The trigger is getting smoother. It fits my hand better than any other gun I picked up. I couldn't be happier with this gun.
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson

I thought about trading my 19 for a CZ very briefly...I feel dirty...I feel like I need to pray to the Glock Gods for forgiveness.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Do not get rid of your Glock 19...that is an awesoem gun.. The CZ is too, but dont give up a perfectly good gun.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Do not get rid of your Glock 19...that is an awesoem gun.. The CZ is too, but dont give up a perfectly good gun.
    I can't wait till I get some 3 dot night sites. the only thing I really hate about the 19 are the sights. I shoot the 19 better with 3 dots....oh...and its not pretty like other handguns
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Be VERY careful..... CZs are like Potato chips, you cant just have one....

I'm on 5
    02PSD4ME

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Bought a CZ-82. Liked it so much I bought one for my son. When the Lotto check arrives, I buying one of every model. Nice guns.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links