Defensive Carry banner

taurus pt145

3K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Rotorflyr 
#1 ·
I heard about how taurus sucks but i got a deal on a pt 145. took it to the range and put about 300 rounds out without a problem. Not my main carry yet but after about a few more trips to the range if no problems come up it may be. It really shots good and perfect carry size for me.

#2 ·
Really glad to read this because in my other thread I have kinda given up on the Beretta Storm and So I was looking at the PT series to replace that. I haven't decided if I want to go with the 9mm or the .45. One of the reasons to go with the 9 is that my brother also has a 9mm and so we could stockpile more rounds that way.
But I would love to read some more reviews of either version 9mm or .45

#3 ·
I've got a Taurus 709 with 1200 rounds through it in the last year and it's awesome. Clean it often, but don't over lube. Many bash the Tauri, but if you do your part by thoroughly testing the weapon and your target and carry rounds, cleaning, etc. then it should be fine. There are plenty of folks here that have Taurus pistols that have had no problems whatsoever. Some people say they're hit or miss. I got a hit. It just takes rounds down range to know.

#12 ·
Why not split the difference and go .40?

9mm is plenty good for SD, higher capacity in same size weapon, and is more economical to shoot and easier round to find.

.40 is also a very good SD round, still sufficient capacity, and a tad more expensive than 9mm to shoot. Still readily available.

.45 is a very good SD round for sure, still good capacity, and more expensive and a little more difficult to find.

All things to consider.

#7 ·
I have put about 600 rounds through my PT145 Pro without any faults. I feel very secure with it in my EDC rotation - in fact as my primary EDC. I find it easy to conceal in my pocket (Ross Leather pocket holster), IWB (Kholster) or OWB (Don Hume JIT slide).

#11 ·
I've got one as well that's been a great carry gun, I've had it for years and put at least a few thousand rounds through it really never had a failure. It seems with these guns if not Taurus as a whole(well and other companies) if you get a good one you don't have much trouble.

Good luck it's a great sized gun for the capacity and that really is in my opinion what puts it a head above the competition in this size market.

Luke

#16 ·
I have a PT145, hated the straight 8 sights, changed them over to Williams Fire Sights (which I like much better).

Honestly I haven't put that many rounds thru it (maybe 400-500), but it's been trouble free, as have all our Tauri, which also include a 1st Gen PT111, a 651 and a Tracker(both wheelies are .357's)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.