Any one have a Ruger LCR in 357 Magnum?

This is a discussion on Any one have a Ruger LCR in 357 Magnum? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a LCR in 38 Special and now that the LCR is being made in 357 Magnum I want one. Any one out there ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any one have a Ruger LCR in 357 Magnum?

I have a LCR in 38 Special and now that the LCR is being made in 357 Magnum I want one. Any one out there have a LCR in 357 Mag?How is the recoil?How much do you like it?Thanks in advance.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    I would like to see some review of it too. God Bless

I have one and its great! Actually smoother than my 38 LCR just a touch heavier due to the SS frame. Recoil is of course subjective and going to vary based on the load. I ran some full house Remy magnums and it sucked, WAY too much recoil. Corbon DPX 125 gr and Rem Golden Saber 125 gr are very controllable and pleasant to shoot. 38's and +p's are puppies out of that .357 compared to the super light weight 38 LCR.

I carry both, 357 in a pancake on the hip and the 38 in the pocket.

Take all the high praise you have read for the 38 spl version and pretend they are talking about the 357 too. Its the same gun :)

Drew

I've got one, mostly for The Bride. Went 357 for the SS frame and added weight, but shoot the 38 spl's out of it. The trigger is very nice and now we have dry fired it a ton (2,000) and it is beyond my expectations. This is our first revolver, so not worrying about all the failures to feed etc has been nice, no wandering around to get brass and all the headaches of the Sig P238.

357 Magnums out of it are a bit snappy. Just takes some time to get back on target. I have not fired many of them but could see being reasonable with the 357 ammo. Maybe the last one or two of the cylinder with 357? Must say there is a significant difference between the 38 spl's and the 357.

Great gun, getting The Bride accustomed to it - I could see myself getting another one, love it. Light (even the 357) comfy, great trigger and accurate for a snubbie.

Must say out on the range shooting and went to the 357 Magnums - people instantly started looking around to see what the heck was going on. I can't imagine dicharging that in a house without hearing protection - YIKES! Can't imagine being on the other side of the barrel either.

First 5 of the 357 Magnums at about 7 yards, slow fire.

Nice shooting Flint,Keep the post coming guys.

I must quit reading thing about this weapon!!!!! My wallet starts to tingle my butt and I start to drool just a little!!!!! You people are going to get me divorced!!!

I am going to spend money soon, this thread is making me want to

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I am going to spend money soon, this thread is making me want to
    When you say it makes you want to, did you mean two? Because that is where I may end up going, I like it that much. Wow give the trigger some time ...

A 357 magnum is the only true 1 shot stop defensive weapon. However a 2" barrel loses a lot of burn, which is why they flame so much. I want one of these but can't get one yet in my area ( has to be tested and approved for sale first). Shoot .38 and carry 357.

I have not seen a LCR in 357 in my area yet either.

Quote Originally Posted by southchatham View Post
    A 357 magnum is the only true 1 shot stop defensive weapon. However a 2" barrel loses a lot of burn, which is why they flame so much. I want one of these but can't get one yet in my area ( has to be tested and approved for sale first). Shoot .38 and carry 357.
    Not even close to being true. Practice good shot placement, and keep shooting until the threat ceases. Do not expect one shot from any small arm (that's why they're called SMALL arms) to stop a determined threat.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Not even close to being true. Practice good shot placement, and keep shooting until the threat ceases. Do not expect one shot from any small arm (that's why they're called SMALL arms) to stop a determined threat.
    You are sure right on the money.

The rep from Ruger that I work with said that the LCR in .357 is now a 3-6 month wait for distributers to get one. Ruger factory is on Vacation till after Labor Day and then it will be 24-7 until they get them shipped out. richgp100z

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    You missed my point. Handgun cartridges do not have stopping power. The three main components of "stopping power", marksmanship, marksmanship and marksmanship.
    Based on terminal performance the .357 magnum is the single most effective handgun cartridge, The "need" for a second shot, given "good shot placement" is rare. I wasn't saying other cartridges won't work. A .22 will kill.

.357 out of an LCR sounds.......... well very unpleasant to shoot....

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links