Glock 22Gen4 Advice

This is a discussion on Glock 22Gen4 Advice within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Right now Im getting a supertuck holster and Meprolight Tru-Dot Tritium Adjustable Sight... Right now I got wingwah or whatever that tape is called on ...

Thread: Glock 22Gen4 Advice

Glock 22Gen4 Advice

Right now Im getting a supertuck holster and Meprolight Tru-Dot Tritium Adjustable Sight... Right now I got wingwah or whatever that tape is called on skateboards, cut and fitted on my handle/grip and slide serations. After all this being said and done any other ideas on what to add to my Glock? Trigger jobs? Frames? Barrels?
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

2. Remove Ads

Its a glock, no need for fancy skater tape and adjustable sights...

I confidently carry my g19 factory with not even a second thought.

I need to get night sights for my glock, but other than that the only other thing I MIGHT do, would be a stainless steel slide, but that's a big maybe b/c I like my 19 the way it is. Maybe on my next Glock...

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    You put skateboard tape over the RTF finish? Man, you must have some slippery hands!

There's not much else to do to a Glock. It is what it is. The G22 can convert to 9mm or .357 Sig, if that interests you. Maybe a .22 conversion kit for cheap plinking.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

How about a tactical light or laser for the accessory rail? Some more magazines and a belt mounted carrier for the mags? How about an extended magazine release and/or an extended slide stop lever?

all you need for a glock is some ammo. spend your money on ammo and a good holster.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Lol its only a Glock? I added the skateboard tape just for some extra grip, just incase my hands ever did become wet or something
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by guardmt View Post
    any other ideas on what to add to my Glock?
    How about a brother or sister Glock?

Sounds exciting and congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    How about a brother or sister Glock?

Sounds exciting and congrats.
    Yea if there on sale maybe

a trigger job that what you really need

Stainless guide rod from Glockmeister. If you look close in the image at the bottom of the link, you can see how there's an area that secures into the cutout of the slide where the standard one can shift all around. I don't recommend it because it's stainless, but because of how it fits in the slide. it's more secure and won't look off-center like the Gen 4 guide rod does.

http://glockmeister.com/product_info...roducts_id=481

I did the Ghost 3.5 Connector and polished all the trigger contact surfaces. I put a TFO from TruGlo on the front and the TruGlo tritium rear..... but I hate three dot sights, so they'll soon be replaced with Warren or most likely 10-8 since I have the Warren on my M&P and really want to try the 10-8.

That's about it. If you like the skateboard tape, there's a company that sells them pre cut and they fit real well. Oh, 2 of my spare carry mags have Glock +2 mag extensions with the stronger springs, all of my other mags are standard and I have a couple 33 round mags but never use them.

Talon Grip - http://talongungrips.com/main.sc

Here's Decal Grip, which has the grippy rubber adhesive option which I prefer (though I prefer the standard Gen 4 grip the most) - http://www.decalgrip.com/sys-tmpl/door/
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Links