Thoughts on SigPro 2022 9mm vs. CZ P07 Duty 9mm or other Condition 1 Guns?

This is a discussion on Thoughts on SigPro 2022 9mm vs. CZ P07 Duty 9mm or other Condition 1 Guns? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-saue...new-style.html http://www.jgsales.com/product_info....oducts_id/3999 Ok thoughts here on either? I am looking for a new HD gun (have a Kahr CW9 and Ruger LCP for CCW). I ...

Thread: Thoughts on SigPro 2022 9mm vs. CZ P07 Duty 9mm or other Condition 1 Guns?

Thoughts on SigPro 2022 9mm vs. CZ P07 Duty 9mm or other Condition 1 Guns?

http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-saue...new-style.html

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info....oducts_id/3999

Ok thoughts here on either?

I am looking for a new HD gun (have a Kahr CW9 and Ruger LCP for CCW). I would normally keep to the brands that I like (Kahr and CZ) but obviously SigSauer has great reputation.

My goal is to find something with a higher capacity 15+ shots from factory mag that has a light rail and is of course reliable. I also prefer to carry and store fighting guns of the DA/SA variety in condition 1 (in a holster and safe of course). Don't want to go into it here but suffice it to say that I want as few movements as possible to get the gun ready to fire...which is how I carry the two CC guns I have mentioned.

As such, I know the CZ will be useable like that from my past history with that brand. I do not however know if Sigs have manual safeties that DO NOT de-cock.

I was originally going to pick up a Beretta PX4 9mm until I learned that it was a de-cocker/safety.

Any other nominations?

So far my list is like this:
    1. CZ P07 Duty
    2. CZ SP01 Shadow
    3. 1911 in 9mm...assuming I can find one with a rail and double stack mag.
    4. Sig P229
    5. XD-9
    6. M&P 9

I have shot the CZ SP01 Shadow before and it is great. I also love me some 1911 but not sure if I am comfortable with so few shots when I admittedly am not the world's greatest shot. The P229 is in there because it is obviously a great gun but I have never shot one. The XD and M&P are pretty standard on everyone's list.

I don't want a glock...have just posted in another thread that my fingers don't fit the G19's finger grooves and from shooting my friend's G17 as well as rental G17s I have never really liked them...though I know their virtues.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    M&P 9 100% ... ambidex slide release... reversible mag catch.. light rail... comfortable ergonomics, removable palm swells.... 17+1 capacity... has the 3 different safeties to pick from or not, your choice..... AMERICAN MADE RELIABILITY !
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

My Sig Pro 2022 has been as reliable as a rock. Except for 1911s it has in my opinion the best out of box trigger. It's low price does not reflect that it started out as a $800 but as contracts came in and Sig lost interest it dropped. I have lent this gun to 3 shooters and they have all done well at matches with it including my son's first match and only third time shooting.

I have heard that the drop in Apex trigger fix foe the M&P is both excellent and cost effective.

If you don't mind the intrusion, I'd like to weigh in.

The Sig Pro Series guns are one of the most under rated guns out there. IT's true, almost all of the internals are stamped sheet metal, but here's the good part.....those guns were designed to be made from stamped parts. They're incredibly accurate, reliable and cheap too. The triggers can easily be cleaned up by any Smith with the guts to tear down the Fire Control Mechanism, I've done about a dozen of them...one was for a competition gun and we got the trigger pull down to about 6lbs in DA mode and maintained reliability with all ammo. The P229 is what I carried on duty for nearly a year, I loved it and still do, they're rock solid and work every time.

The M&P is a great gun, it's my current preferred gun, not only because I make parts for them, but because the ergonomics of the M&P are awesome. Felt recoil is far less than any other pistol of comparable caliber and size which makes it perfect for so many people.

You really can't go wrong with any of your options, I'd handle each one and see which fits you best and which points best for you and go that route.

Scott

I have a German made SP2022 from the last run and it is a very good gun. Soft recoil, nice trigger, reliable, accurate, but at the same time top heavy, the slide is pretty tall and it's just heavy/bulky in general. Jason Bourne liked it, though.

I'm a big CZ fan and have five of their pistols (75B stainless, 75BD, P-01, PCR and steel 75 Compact). My understanding is that the P-07 is still having minor issues that need to be worked out. I'd pass on the P-07, personally.

I bought my Dad an M&P9c and gave it to him six months ago, but not before I verified it for proper operation. I was thoroughly impressed with the pistol so the M&P would get my vote.

Links