New Kahr P380!

This is a discussion on New Kahr P380! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just finished the 200 round break-in and it performed awesome. New in box with black slide arrived a few days ago, cleaned & racked slide ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Kahr P380!

New Kahr P380!

Just finished the 200 round break-in and it performed awesome. New in box with black slide arrived a few days ago, cleaned & racked slide a few hundred times to break it in. 50 WWB, 50 Blazer Alum, 50 Remington UMC, 50 Amer Eagle. WWB & Blazer were perfect, 1 misfeed on Remington. Overall very pleased with purchase!
    Kahr P380 break-in 200rd 9.4.10.JPG

2. Remove Ads

Glad to hear your report, been thinking of adding a P380 for pocket carry, I have a PM9 and have been pocket carrying it to determine if I can comfortably. I had a Ruger LCP that my son just traded me for a Glock 22. I will trade the Glock 22 for a P380 possibly. The LCP was a good gun, I wanted something with a better sight and that could handle +P loads.

There are some good tips over on the Kahr website on how to prep your new pistol, and really night illustrated lubrication chart. http://kahrtalk.com/forum.php

GM
    Congrats on the Kahr! It is a very nice pistol. For a while ago I got two boxes of Remington UMC, but it did not take long time before I realized that none of my semi-autos like them.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Thanks for the feedback guys. Will run some SD ammo thru next week, maybe BB flatnose or Corbon...I'm new to 380, so not sure what is best.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by knuts6 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Will run some SD ammo thru next week, maybe BB flatnose or Corbon...I'm new to 380, so not sure what is best.

I use Corbon DPX 115gr, and my MK9 loves them. I guess that the P380 might like them too.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Great looking P380 I haven't seen any with the black slide in my area yet
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Quote Originally Posted by knuts6 View Post
    - My Kahr P380 absolutely did not like the Buffalo Bore +P flat nose. I could not get it to feed reliably at all. I don't have any problems with the Buffalo Bore +P JHP. Which is unfortunate, because I still have a box of the flat nose that I can't run in any of my other .380 pistols.

That black slide is really nice looking. My PM9 has the same finish and I wish it was available when I bought the P380.

Congrats on the new pistola!
    May she serve you well...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Congratulations! I have the stainless slide version. I love it. It's my favorite back up gun. I've run about 800 rounds through mine in the past 14 months or so and I've only had a couple misfeeds with flat nose ammo, other than that, no problems at all. I happen to think this is the best .380 on the market.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    Congrats. Nice Kahr P380.

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Congrats on your new purchase! Hope it serves you well!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

I really like the little Kahrs...excellent little guns.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I have one too and love it. Mine eats everything I've tried so far, including flat nosed bullets. I added a bicycle tire tube piece on the grip to tame the checkering and love the grip/fell of it. Mine is accurate and I like the fact that there are no external controls except a slide release. I think that's important on a dedicated pocket piece. I'm also loving the regular sized night sights and the beautiful trigger.

Enjoy your gun and you might want to consider a leather pocket holster from a company called Hiddent Holsters: http://www.hiddenholsters.net/

I've tried a lot of holsters and found them either too bulky, too slick inside (they'd drop the gun out of baggy pants when sitting in a low chair) or they wouldn't do anything to hide the outline of the gun. I even tried an RTKB pocket holster but it wouldn't fit my pockets well. I finally found this guy and was surprised becasue many many years ago I bought a pocket holster from a guy named Hedley. It was leather and you could grip the gun easily in the pocket, it had good retention but the front broke up the outline of the gun well and make it look like a square wallet without having to have a full face panel.

Well the guy at Hidden Holsters actually learned from Mr. Hedley who's passed on now and he makes them just as good.

Good luck
    Gideon

+1 on HiddenHolsters: just got mine last week for a MicroDesertEagle. First internet holster purchase in a long time that satisfied me: great workmanship and retention. The $20 mag holder is nice too.

Congrats on your new Kahr. My Diamondback loves Speer Gold Dots for duty and Speer Lawman for practice. Same ballistics for both.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links