Kahr CW9 vs P9 - Page 2

Kahr CW9 vs P9

This is a discussion on Kahr CW9 vs P9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by bulldogto Any problems out of the Kahrs after the 200 round break in??? - I have 3 Kahrs (P380, PM9, MK9) and ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kahr CW9 vs P9

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogto View Post
    Any problems out of the Kahrs after the 200 round break in???
    - I have 3 Kahrs (P380, PM9, MK9) and I've never had a problem during the 200 round break in. I always clean and lubricate my guns and rack the slide a few dozen times before taking them to the range for the first time. Make sure you always load the first round with the slide release to ensure proper feeding.

Quote Originally Posted by MichSteve View Post
    Oh yah, the front sight on the CW9 is not changeable.
    No longer true. Kahr sells Tritium Night Sights for the CW series for $80. They send a screw-on front sight to replace the OE sight.

I picked up my CW9 about 3 months ago for the times when my back is hurting too much to carry my primary gun. It is very light and thin and hides quite well IWB or in a pocket. I have not had any issues even during the break in period and it has eaten up every type of ammo I have put thru it without a problem.

I'm going to pick up a CW9 in the next week or so

I think I am going to hold off for a little bit. I just can't get past what I read about the problems that some people have had with Kahr. I'm sure I will pick one up in the future, but I just can't justify it right now when my Glock 26 will shoot/cycle any round I put in it. Thanks for all the info

You will read "problems" with virtually every gun. Get past the 200 round break-in and you are golden unless you are still having trouble. If you're having trouble beyond what you dealer could help you with, Kahr Arms is more than helpful.

I love my CW9 and it is the gun I trust the safety of myself and my family to on a regular basis.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I too was looking at the CW9. How much is the mags. I can't carry a gun that just have one mag to it.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
    I too was looking at the CW9. How much is the mags. I can't carry a gun that just have one mag to it.
    MSRP is $44. I think you'll find factory mags for sale at $25 and up to about $35. Check CDNN or Bud's for their price.
    Promag makes a aftermarket mag, but I'm not sure what they cost. I got a couple when I bought a used Kahr and they've worked well so far.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    I bought my CW9 last June and have about 850 totally flawless rounds through the tube. Trigger is smooth as glass, and poi is poa. Put the Trij night sights on it in February and am totally satisfied. I bought original Kahr mags for about $25 at the local gun shows and there is no apparant lack of supply at that price. I really wanted the MK9, but they just don't appear much in my neck of the woods so the deal I got on the CW9 ended up being a great surprise. As for the other "differences" between the CW and P series, I'm still totally satisfied with the CW. The polygonal rifling vs conventional rifling is a non-issue, in my opinion. At SD distances it just don't matter that much. They both have the same trigger group, and same quality. Only other difference I can see is purely cosmetic. I would take the CW and spend the savings on leather (or kydex, if you prefer).

surv

My CW 9 is on my hip most of the time in either a RM Low Rider or Kramer Belt Scabbard. 1005 with a round count of 1,200 + now. Accurate; but took me bit to get used to the trigger.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    MSRP is $44. I think you'll find factory mags for sale at $25 and up to about $35. Check CDNN or Bud's for their price.
    Promag makes a aftermarket mag, but I'm not sure what they cost. I got a couple when I bought a used Kahr and they've worked well so far.
    That isn't bad at all. So I can set aside $70 for two extra mags
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

I decided to go P9, but the CW9 is probably the better bargain choice.

Very happy, not a single failure in the first 200 rounds -- and beyond.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    You definately got the "better looking" copy, even if you did spend a bit more.

surv

I don't know. They both have their advantages. I prefer the beveled muzzle on the CW. The PMs and P are starting to come out with these now as well.

Bringing this back to the top. As much as I love my Glock 26, I really want something thinner. The Kahr CW9 or P9 will be my next gun before the end of the year.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links