I know there are a lot of Glock threads...and haters, but....gonna show some Sig Love

This is a discussion on I know there are a lot of Glock threads...and haters, but....gonna show some Sig Love within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I EDC a G23...Have done so for over 10 years. It along with the G22 and g27 are the approved gun for my agency duty ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I know there are a lot of Glock threads...and haters, but....gonna show some Sig Love

Wink I know there are a lot of Glock threads...and haters, but....gonna show some Sig Love

I EDC a G23...Have done so for over 10 years. It along with the G22 and g27 are the approved gun for my agency duty carry. It has served me extremely well, and I have no doubt it will continue to do so for years to come. Their have been Glock haters lately who bad mouth every thread that comes out so...even though us Glock supporters dont usually bash others who love their own brand.

That being said...I took out my P228 to clean it this evening and I fell in love all over. It is just a sexy, well made great shooting gun. My wife and i both shoot ragged holes with it and it is confidence inspiring. I carry my Glock because it is what i shoot best most often and demo competency in training with. My Sig peeve is the stock grip when it comes to carrying concealed the stock grips are scratchy and rub me when against my torso. I dont wear undershirts all the time. I need to change out to my Hogue rubber grips or find some nice smooth wood grips which would be even sexier on this gun.

This gun is going to start to see more carry time very soon. It just is too nice of a combat auto to be sitting on the sidelines. There haters...a Glock man telling the world he likes and appreciates something else that is Non-Glock. Chew on that fat for awhile.
    Last edited by jwhite75; September 9th, 2010 at 08:42 AM.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

2. Remove Ads

lol Nice!

I like other guns but I'll stick with my G19 when my life depends on it. Love my "Annabelle".

Here she is...sweet "Annabelle"!
    Attached Images

I'll tell you that after a few Glocks a few years back, I didn't care for them all that much. I was a 1911 guy and just kind of tried them out, but didn't give them much chance. A month or two ago I bought a Gen 4 17 and I absolutely love it! I bought it, an M&P and another Nighthawk within that couple days and the Glock and M&P got all the attention. I've since added to the M&P collection and added a 21sf for a very short time, but that one just isn't for me.

So, as much as I love my 1911's and Sigs, the Glock and M&P have become my daily carry guns for now and I am truly enjoying them. I'm definitely no longer a hater!
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    I'm not a glock guy, But I am glad that you love your gun! That's how we should all feel about our EDC.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

I have had others thru the years, but now I carry one of my Twin G-19's for CCW. One has a Red Dot sight on it the other has a FO front sight. I like both and have trained with SI on both in CRGF and ECGF classes.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    Got a G23 and Sig both and I carry the sig more
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Not a Hater

I like 1911's better but wouldn't hate on a good thing. I'd love to have a Glock30 in the rotation. I bringing a G23 in to my carry rotation as soon as I get a holster for it. I hated the G23 at first cause I shot it very bad. I got the hang of staging the trigger and have to admit I see why people love it and the G19 so much. It's a great do all pistol. Still can't stand the handle of the G23 3rd generation I have wish the finger grooves weren't there.

Chew on what for a while? We're a Glock family here pretty much.....all except for one SIG. It's our only .45. My wife uses it for Steel Challenge, and I carry it in the cooler weather with heavier clothing. Not to say I haven't carried it in jeans and t-shirt before......it's just I have a SIG too, and the P220 SAO is awesome! Full size.......oh yeah! Two-tone...stainless slide. Glock's the world...but I love my SIG. How's that grab ya? Glock threads are a dime a dozen (and rightfully so). I see where you're coming from. Just a little bit. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Chew on what for a while? We're a Glock family here pretty much.....all except for one SIG. It's our only .45. My wife uses it for Steel Challenge, and I carry it in the cooler weather with heavier clothing. Not to say I haven't carried it in jeans and t-shirt before......it's just I have a SIG too, and the P220 SAO is awesome! Full size.......oh yeah! Two-tone...stainless slide. Glock's the world...but I love my SIG. How's that grab ya? Glock threads are a dime a dozen (and rightfully so). I see where you're coming from. Just a little bit. ;)

I was kind of pointing at the Glock thread haters who said all we glock lovers are is fanboys who say our Glocks are unbeatable death ray hnad cannons that will never fail or break. They imply we are single minded lovers of Glock and only bash a Glock thread when we do not bash their other brands. Just showing them that we do appreciate other guns like our Sigs.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I agree. I'm pretty much like you. I carry a G23 at work and a G27 off-duty. I also recently took out my P228 for a run. They do melt into the hand. I have a set of Hogues on my 228, it feels MUCH better!
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    They are at the least better looking than Glocks.....

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I've got nothing against a Sig except the price. Just too high for my pocket. Would love to have one in the stall if some money came along.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    They are at the least better looking than Glocks.....

Believe it or not, that is not an attractive-looking gun to me . Perhaps I've been so traumatized by Hi Point, that the screws in the grips give me flashbacks.

Anyway, to each their own. I'm just grateful that there's at least one brand of pricey firearms that aren't on my 'list'.

jwhite75

Try a holster with a sweat guard on it and you will not need a t-shirt.
    Common Sense, the rarest of all senses

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Believe it or not, that is not an attractive-looking gun to me . Perhaps I've been so traumatized by Hi Point, that the screws in the grips give me flashbacks.

Anyway, to each their own. I'm just grateful that there's at least one brand of pricey firearms that aren't on my 'list'.

I guess some people must like plastic more than steel and custom wood.....I guess. This is first time I have ever heard anyone compair a SIG with a Hi Point. I don't think they could look any more different, but as you said, to each his own. I own handguns from just about every major maker and love them all be they plastic fantastic or steel and wood beauties.
    Last edited by pirate; September 9th, 2010 at 07:14 PM.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links