Glock 33-.357SIG

This is a discussion on Glock 33-.357SIG within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; well im looking to get a glock 33,357 sig.i would really like some imput on said gun and caliber before i spend my money on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Glock 33-.357SIG

Question Glock 33-.357SIG

well im looking to get a glock 33,357 sig.i would really like some imput on said gun and caliber before i spend my money on it.any imput would be greatly appreciated.have to make up my mind by tuesday9-14-10.thank you.

2. Remove Ads

Hi see you from Michigan, I have been looking at the same gun, you should listen to the podcast http://proarmspodcast.com/2010/07/11...sig-cartridge/ they do real good job covering the 357 Sig.

Quote Originally Posted by boomer252 View Post
    well im looking to get a glock 33,357 sig.i would really like some input on said gun and caliber before i spend my money on it.any imput would be greatly appreciated.have to make up my mind by tuesday9-14-10.thank you.
    So....who's making up your mind?
    Can't give you much input since I don't have one and never shot the 357SIG in a Glock. You must have some idea in mind yourself. The caliber? I might like it myself.....if I had some ammo, and extra magazines. The Glock sub-compacts are easy going for those who have a feel for them. I figure the 357SIG as in between the 9mm and the 40S&W. Actually what it is.....40S&W case necked down to 9mm. Bottleneck cartridge that has a niche, and quite possibly a compromise between the 9mm and 40S&W.
    My "input" on the Glock 33? It's a Glock. You won't go wrong there. Ammo supply....that's going to be your biggest concern IMO.
    Why is it you "have to make up your mind" before.........?

Glock, nuff said. .357 sig is a good round, but for me I just don't see that vast of an improvement over a 9mm +p in a short barrel. You have to take in the extra cost of the round, muzzle flip, and less capacity. Everything's a trade off game. Would I carry one, sure. Would it be my first choice, probably not. Do what works for you.
    Walden likes this.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

I love 357sig and 10mm out of glocks and you can get a g27 barrel and shot .40cal out of you g33.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    It's no secret that I don't care for glocks so I won't comment on that part.

As to the .357Sig round all I can say is YES SIR.

To all that want to compare it to 9mm I type, you need to shoot one before you type. You only make yourself look foolish.

Our local PD and Sheriff's Dept carry the G31. The caliber itself is very much like the .357 mag in ballistics. The felt recoil is much like a snappy 9mm +p+. The main reason our local coppers chose the round is the fact that it is ballistically sound and very odd regionally. Most people in this area do not carry and shoot the round. If there is a police involved shooting it is much easier to tell who shot what. The Federal Air Marshals and US Secret Service also issue this round in Sig Sauer pistols. The fact that it is Glock and what seems to be a very adequate round would not steer me away from it at all. Good luck.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

went to the local gun store in the area,found a gently used g33 for 400 bucks.told them to hold it till tuesday,when i could get them a deposit.thats why the time line.i have a g30 and a keltec p-11 now.just wanted some imput on the .357 sig round .dont want to spend money on something i basicially already have if its not"all that much better"priced ammo,and its about the same or a little less than 45

I have a lone wolf 357sig barrel that I use in my G27. Very accurate round.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer252 View Post
    well im looking to get a glock 33,357 sig.i would really like some imput on said gun and caliber before i spend my money on it.any imput would be greatly appreciated.have to make up my mind by tuesday9-14-10.thank you.
    I first tried the 357 SIG by adding a barrel to my SIG P226 , I liked it so much that a while ago I bought my G33.

(I made a couple mods to the grip and trigger , added metal sights )

It has a satisfying BOOM.
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

It is a very good round. I have a 27 and kicked around the idea of getting a .357 sig barrel. But Glock just bumped up the price on their barrels (I won't buy aftermarket) and the round is hard to find and expensive. But the 33 is an awesome weapon. I have fired my 27 with the .357 sig barrel and it wasn't as snappy as some might lead you to believe. It is managable.

If you get it, you might need to make your ammo orders online.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I owned a G33 and sold it to get a g26 because of the price of the ammo, but it was a good gun and the .357 is good round. Please be aware
    that the .357 sig is more prone to bullet set back and care should be given not to rechamber the same round too many times.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Hopefully you've shot the caliber before and know what to expect.

I've only shot the .357 Sig once, in a Sig. A couple of oldtimer retired machinsts shoot them at the range I use. They use .40 cases for reloading. The .357 SIG isn't actually a .40 case. Reformed .40s will have a shorter neck than a SIG case. They say it's okay for range loads but they wouldn't use a .40 case for full loads.

I fired their pistols and found the recoil to be much like my .45ACP G30, and less than a .357 Mag. Again, these were reloads for range use. Yes, SIG ammo is a bit higher and less common than others, but not terriblely so and it's available. I would not let that stop me from purchasing one if I wished to. You can always opt for simple conversion to .40 or 9mm if you choose to do so.

The recoil may be more than you're used to, but the key there is "used to." A 9 mm has a lot more kick to someone who's only shot .22s and such. Few find the .357 SIG unmanageable with some practice. They are louder than some others calibers, but really, what caliber handgun do you shoot without wearing hearing protection? None, I hope.

Almost al calibers are prone to setback if the same round is repeatedly rechambered. I don't know why anyone would do that. My .45 ACP certainly will. I intentionally rechambered several brands of .45 ammo as a test and all but Win PDX1 suffered serious setback in ten rechamberings, the PDX1 only slightly.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I shot one last year and it's a monster! I really liked it. Very powerful. Reliable, too. Recoil wasn't as bad as I expected. People around you get younger when you fire it!

I've never been a big Glock fan, but fell in love with the .357 Sig round and now own a G32 and 33. Shoots like a laser.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links