CZ 75b You like ?

This is a discussion on CZ 75b You like ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thinking of buying a cz75b do any of you have one and do you like it?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ 75b You like ?

CZ 75b You like ?

Thinking of buying a cz75b do any of you have one and do you like it?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I don't have a -75, only a Commie-made CZ-82 (vintage '88), which is a lot of fun to shoot, very reliable. The CZ line has an excellent reputation. They are heavier than the poly pistols, but performance is top notch.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    I don't have a 75B but I do have a 75 Compact as well as the 75 P-01 and P-06. I also have 2 RAMI's and a CZ 82. You'll find that CZ's are one of the best ergonomically designed weapons on the market. Quality and workmanship is superb, and there accuracy will stand up to any mass produced manufacturer out there. You can pay a lot more and not get near the gun.

CZ's are fairly new to the US gun market, but not to the rest of the world. Get one and I don't think you'll be disappointed. But be warned....they're kind of like Lay's potato chips.....you can't have just 1!

Added: The 75B is on my list of wanted guns.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Administrator
    I have two 75B's... they are fantastic. If I was not shoulder deep in Sig, the 75B would be my go to gun. It is definatly a "sleeper" on the gun market.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Agree with all the above.

I have handled them and the balance and fit and finish are excellent. Very much a well kept secret.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

It's a substantial gun and designed for rough (military) use. In 9mm it's a pussycat, and the unusual slide-in-frame design is responsible for reliable operation and good intrinsic accuracy. Out of the box the trigger could use some work, but its SA trigger is an a par with comparably-priced 1911s. Highly recommend it!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I "stumbled" upon a CZ 75 in OD green when looking to purchase another Browning Hi Power. I was very impressed with how it felt in my hand so I purchased it - shot it and was even more impressed. Ergonomically it may be the best gun I have ever held, accurate, light recoil, good workmanship and 100% reliable with any ammo I have put through it - reloads, cheap ball, hollow points - you name it - it feeds, shoots, and ejects it.

As noted the trigger out of the box could use a slight bit of help but it definitely smoothes out after a few hundred rounds through the gun. Since then I have added a P-01, a CZ 97 and a Rami. Surprisingly, the Rami is the most accurate gun I own - at least in my hands. Don't think you can go wrong with a CZ 75 or any other CZ for that matter.

I've had a 75B with a dreaded Omega trigger for about 4 years or so. So far, it's been the most reliable, comfortable tack-driver of a gun I've ever owned. The Omega trigger is absolutely amazing right out of the box. It breaks crisp and clean.

I'll be taking ownership of a 1980's model Browning Hi Power very soon. It will be very interesting to see if the BHP (at about one and a half times the cost) shoots better than the CZ75B.

Thanx for the input youve helped me decide cz

I have one also, great gun and it is a tack driver. Used it the last two IDPA matches and it got me into the top 20 most accurate both times.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

My CZ 75PCR compact rules! I plan on eventually getting a 75 stainless and 75 steel compact. Go for it!

CZ is my favorite brand and I haven't had an issue with any of them (stainless 75B, 75BD, PCR, P-01 and 75 Compact - all steel). The compacts are what I prefer to carry and the full size are primarily for the range, although I sometimes carry them as well. I like other pistols, but none fit my hand as well as the CZs and it helps that I'm most accurate with them. What's more, they've fed, fired and ejected every round ever loaded without issue.
    Last edited by cz75luver; September 13th, 2010 at 08:16 AM.

I bought a used 75B and really like the gun. It is accurate and a joy to shoot. I would not hesitate to get another CZ when money allows.

Had a CZ75 fullsize and compact. Sold both after about 5k and 1k through them, respectably. The triggers are ok in SA, horrible in DA, there aren't many options for sights and holsters, they are heavy, and there are lots of small parts. The unique slide configuration makes manipulation difficult. The compact once had a weird problem where the hammer was caught between DA and fully cocked, and the gun wouldn't fire. Tap rack bang fixed the problem but I lost confidence in the gun. I got an M&P9pro which did everything better, then sold both the CZs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links