I was pondering...

This is a discussion on I was pondering... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For those like myself that have a Glock 26, is it used as a range/fun gun for you or is it just a CC/one trick ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I was pondering...

I was pondering...

For those like myself that have a Glock 26, is it used as a range/fun gun for you or is it just a CC/one trick pony?

The question comes from me wanting to buy a Glock 19. After recently purchasing one for my mother I now(more than ever) want to own one myself. But I'm trying to justify the purchase of it.

Your thoughts?
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

2. Remove Ads

I'm in the reverse boat as you. I own a G19 and want a 26 as a bug.

I will say this. My 19 is my EDC and range gun."Annabelle" does it all. Best purchase I've ever made. She's only 2 weeks old and already has about 1000 rounds through her. Trust me, buy a 19. You won't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by EB31 View Post
    I'm in the reverse boat as you. I own a G19 and want a 26 as a bug.

I will say this. My 19 is my EDC and range gun."Annabelle" does it all. Best purchase I've ever made. She's only 2 weeks old and already has about 1000 rounds through her. Trust me, buy a 19. You won't regret it.
    Thats how I feel about my "Charlene"
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

I love my Glocks! After the Glock Armorer Course, I had a much better understanding of their history, simplicity, and dependability.
    I now carry a Glock-36, and sometimes a Glock-26, and my NEXT purchase will be a Glock-19.
    I can understand your 'need' for the "19".
    Go for it!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

You can't go wrong with a G-19. It's my EDc and IMHO it's the perfect weapon, just feels and fits in the hand just right.
    Samwolf

"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms."

-- Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

I can understand you wanting more bang (rounds) for the buck.
    Bying a 19 is a good choice IMO too but you do know all you have to do is purchase the mags and use them in the 26, right?
    Yea, the sight axis is shorter than the 19 but hey, this is just the cheap version.
    Certified Glock Armorer

Well, you can use the G19 mag in the G26 - so that takes care of the capacity advantage of the G19 over the G26. If you really wanted to, you could even put a G19 barrel in the G26, if you wanted a bit more velocity.

Really, the only advantage of the G19 is the rail. I use a G19 for home defense, because I can mount a light to it. That leaves my support hand free to grab the kids, use the phone, flip on lights, etc. For carry on duty, I use the G26 with a G19 mag inserted.

If you feel weird with your pinky dangling with the G26, just use either the Pearce extension or the GAP floorplate.

IMHO, both a great, but if I could only have one, it'd be the G26. You can make it bigger, but you cannot make the G19 smaller.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

The 19 is one of the best combat handguns around...get it convince yourself later you need it. LOL
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Everyone should have a 19 in their lineup. The 19 was my first Glock. Even though I have a subcompact 27 that gets carried a lot off-duty, I still take out my 19 every now and again. It is nice to have 15+1 in the gun and 17 more in a spare mag.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Then it's settled. YOU ARE GETTING A G19!

lol. Let us know when it arrives :)

The Sig P228 is considered by many to be the Holy Grail of 9mm's. I have one and it is a wonderful weapon. But the G19 is probably used by more folks for SD. The G19/ G23 are my current Glocks and I wouldn't trade either of them. For a great OWB holster check out the Bianchi Carry Loc. I have lots of custom leather, but for EDC , the Carryloc is always my choice. YMMV
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    What's the old adage..."One is none and two is one."

The real question here is why people give their guns names.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

The Glock 19 is like the Smith & Wesson Model 19: everybody should have at least one!
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

"I am not afraid to go unarmed...I simply detest being unarmed. It is a contemptible and undignified condition in which to find oneself."

NRA Life Member

I use it as a range gun/fun gun in the sense that I shoot it a lot at the range. This isn't because i find it particularly "fun" (not that it NOT fun) but because I like to get a lot of trigger time in on the gun I carry.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I use it as a range gun/fun gun in the sense that I shoot it a lot at the range. This isn't because i find it particularly "fun" (not that it NOT fun) but because I like to get a lot of trigger time in on the gun I carry.
    Same here. I use my alot at the range and it's my EDC. Guns are meant to be fired...and boy do I fire mine lol

As for naming of guns. I did it in the Army and I still do it. I named my kids, named my dogs and I love my G19 just as much so why name give her a name as well? lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links