Walther P99c

Walther P99c

This is a discussion on Walther P99c within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anybody know anything about the Walther P99c? I saw one while researching my next gun purchase and fell in love with them, but haven't held ...

Thread: Walther P99c

Walther P99c

Anybody know anything about the Walther P99c? I saw one while researching my next gun purchase and fell in love with them, but haven't held or shot one yet. Would appreciate any info you guys can give concerning concealability, reliability, etc. Also, would you recommend carrying as a primary or BUG?

--dwpa

If I didn't own XD's I'd own Walthers. I only know personnally people who own the .22 version (and they love it). I think the P99/P99c is one of the sexiest pistols out there.

VIP Member
    I have one in 9mm with the "Anti Stress" (AS) trigger.

It's a fantastic gun and everybit as good and concealable as it's closest competitor, the Glock 26/27.

I regularly take mine out to the range with spare 15 (and 16) round full-size P99 magazines.....no problems in several hundred rounds, so yes, they are very reliable guns....accurate as well.

The biggest attraction to the P99c and the rest of the line is the AS trigger with its great DA/SA trigger. I prefer this trigger to Walther's "sorta Glock" short-stroke, DA-only trigger which they call the "Quick Action" system.

They are very concealable (with a good IWB holster, even under a t-shirt as I have found and I'm not a big guy). I think you can probably pocket carry it (assuming you find someone willing to make a pocket holster for a P99c) like a Glock 26/27, but either gun is too big for me to successfully pocket carry....I do know of some folks that pocket carry the little Glocks.

The current P99c's are supposed to sport the QA trigger, but you can still find new AS-triggered P99c's.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Me too!

Wow, man, we are on the same page... I just came here to ask about the P99C too!!!

I was thinking about adding one more gun and wanted to get the ultimate concealment weapon. Yes, I already have what many people would consider a couple of ultimate concealment weapons... but just one more... please.

Anyway, Sig, H&K and Walther were my only considerations. I was wondering why I never hear anything about the Walther. I hear about Sigs and H&K's constantly, but never the Walther. I think the S&W Sigma may have put a stigma on the Walther but I understand that it is a completely different tool.

I held one in a store today and all I can say is... great feel. They had the trigger locked back with zip-ties unfortunatley. It's a weird store. They told me that it came with four different front sight blades and two different backstraps. I loved the look and feel of it and now I am more interested than ever. They showed me an article which compared the P99C to the XD, one of the smaller Glocks and another gun. The P99C excelled in all comparisons. I only got a brief glance and the only stat that I remember is that the XD had a shot group of 3.7" (the largest of all four guns) compared to the P99C's 2.0" group (the smallest of all four guns). The second smallest group was 2.7".

Oh, it also had a decocker but it was kinda weird, it was on the top of the slide.

I hope someone can add some illuminating experience to this topic.

Nick

VIP Member
    ....forgot to add, I really like the ability to user-change the sights (front and rear) and backstraps.

So...no need to send the slide to a gunsmith to add night sights. Just purchase them and do the install yourself and not worry about getting a brass hammer and tap or sight pusher.....good job Walther!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Sponsored Links