in the market for a G26

in the market for a G26

This is a discussion on in the market for a G26 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys. Finally made up mind about the new Glock I want. Already have a G19, so I figure it makes sense to stay with ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: in the market for a G26

in the market for a G26

Hey guys.

Finally made up mind about the new Glock I want. Already have a G19, so I figure it makes sense to stay with the same caliber...can exchange mags.

I'm asking the forum to keep an eye open for a used one. New ones are nice but not necessary. Best I can find is around 495 shipped for free.

Thanks!

glock 26.jpg

Good luck in your search. I'm doing the same thing...own a 19, gonna buy a 26. I've seen the same prices for used. Doesn't make sense to me when I can spend $40 more and get a brand new one. Hope you find what you're looking for at a good price.

Yea they work great together. I went the .40 route. Got G23 and a G27. You cant find used G27s in my area. If you do they are $400 and up. I just got a new one. Got a couple G22 15 round mags also. Ill keep my eyes open for a used 26.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

I paid $500 for a new G26 just last year. Might as well buy new.

The GSSF used to give you a coupon for ~$100 discount on a Glock. Minus the GSSF membership fee, that saves you ~$70. Worth looking in to.
    Last edited by 10thmtn; September 15th, 2010 at 10:39 PM. Reason: spelling
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Might give this guy a try. Like they say...."used ones coming in often". The do a lot of LEO trade ins. The sub compacts may be more difficult to find that way. http://www.summitgunbroker.com/index.html
    Then there's always OMB guns (my suggestion is to just call then directly and ask if they have any pre-owned G26s and how much, and what it would cost to ship to your FFL (then shop around for your local FFL with the best rate on a transfer (around here, it could run from $15-$35).
    http://www.ombguns.com/
    Then again....there's always the option of buying a new G26 at the discount rate through a Glock authorized dealer in your area.......just become a member of GSSF for $35...get the voucher (one per year for members), and take about a hundred bucks of your new G26. This is how I got my wife her G26 for her birthday this year ($432 tax included...brand new). Figure in the yearly GSSF membership of $35 and that comes out to $467 total. I've been a member of GSSF for several years and made one of their national matches......plus you'll get a free magazine each year and sometimes two......like the one I got last week telling of the upcoming 4th Generation G19/23s.
    $495 on a used one shipped for free? Well, I won't say much other than you now have more options. With the carry craze.....most of the pistols (new and used) are in high demand. Find one in a gun shop used and it's probably only been there for an hour or so and you'll have to be in the right place at the right time, and they probably still want $450 + tax easy. Every now and then, you'll come across someone on the forum selling a baby Glock. Used to be more often than now....but it's possible. Gun show? Everyone knows the market...especially the sellers (they always do). Anyway...once you're determined to get into a G26....that's what you should do! How often you stop in a gun shop? You have a favorite shop that you frequent? Now may be the time to start frequenting the best in your area. Make some friends, and get put on a list.....BOLO for me a used G26 and call me! Finding the best price didn't used to be too difficult......nowadays, it takes a bit of effort and working with all of your resources. Do all of that, and there's no reason you can't find the best deal available to you, and you can come back to the forum and say "Got a killer deal on my G26!". All it takes is time. You'll find it I'm sure.

Cabella's if you have one near is giving $30 off, they sent me a gift card that they will put $150 on it if I spend $500. That should get you a G26 for $550 minus $30 minus $150 = $370. You can buy ammo or a holster with the gift card.

I paid $500 out the door brand new for both my 19 and 26. Not much less for used here, good luck.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by MichSteve View Post
    Cabella's if you have one near is giving $30 off, they sent me a gift card that they will put $150 on it if I spend $500. That should get you a G26 for $550 minus $30 minus $150 = $370. You can buy ammo or a holster with the gift card.
    Where can one get a -$150 gift card?

the price of $495 is before the $20FFL...but it's new. Sort have been kicking around a 4th Gen G22 as well. Too many decisions!!

Quote Originally Posted by EB31 View Post
    ya, how i get this deal? No Cabelas by me though...

Good choice, your 26 will compliment your 19 very nicely. The 26 is one of the best CCWs out there IMO. I carry a 27 most of the time off-duty. My agency issues my ammo. When I retire and have to purchase my own ammo, I may be picking up another 26. For what you are looking to spend, you may as well get NIB. Good luck.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by damien12g View Post
    I'm asking the forum to keep an eye open for a used one. New ones are nice but not necessary. Best I can find is around 495 shipped for free.
    Thats about what I paid for my G27 tax and background included, NEW, through the above mentioned GSSF program. If nothing else you may be able to use it as a bargining chip if you've got someone to negotiate with, or just go new if it's a price point you're comfortable with.

Glock Certified Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by EB31 View Post
    I want to know, too!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by damien12g View Post
    Hey guys.

Finally made up mind about the new Glock I want. Already have a G19, so I figure it makes sense to stay with the same caliber...can exchange mags.

Thanks!

glock 26.jpg
    Why not get an M&P9c and stay with the same weapon system? I think it's just as good if not better then a G26. Both are fantastic.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Why not get an M&P9c and stay with the same weapon system? I think it's just as good if not better then a G26. Both are fantastic.
    I agree about staying with the same weapon system. Glock and the M&P are pretty much equal in my eyes. In my opinion it is best to stick with the same weapon system as you can share some holsters and magazines.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links