Defensive Carry banner

Glock G36 w/ grip reduction

11K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Cop 1 
#1 ·
On 9/8 I sent my G36 to Lane Owens at Cold Bore Customs http://coldborecustom.com for his grip reduction/ finger groove removal/ Option 2 (360 degree) "Carry" stippling. It was back in my hands 8 days and $150 later. It looks like it came from the factory. The stippling is uniform and flawless. It now fits my hand better than any handgun I have ever owned and points naturally without that irritating hump on the back of the grip. I also just received a Gladiator OWB and Infidel IWB from Comp-Tac and a "Zack" holster from One Source Tactical. No verdict yet on the Zack but it looks promising for true "minimalist" carry.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
The '36' looks great, they did very nice work!
Not sure I would use the 'Zack'.OMO

#9 ·
I was hoping someone would ask this question. I love the basic Glock mechanics- reliability, accuracy etc. I have bought after market grips for every metal framed pistol or revolver I have ever owned, sometimes spending more than this reduction cost. So now, for a bit less than $600 total, I have an utterly reliable pistol that feels like it is custom fit to my hand and has ready parts availabilty if needed. I can't think of a better bargain.

#6 ·
I think I'll have to go dig my G36 out of the back of the safe after seeing this thread

#7 ·
I also am not a fan of the Glock hump. For me at least the one on the G36 doesn't bother me. My guess is because of its overall thinness. The fatter grip of the double stacks seems to amplify the humpiness.

#8 ·
Very nice......good to see people still take pride in CS!

#10 ·
Glocks happen to fit my hand very well right out of the box. Actually, the 30 with its wide grip fits my monkey fingers the best. But not everyone has the same hands, so I'm glad that you found something that works for you. I wouldn't use the Zack either. The other two holsters look like they will work.

Congratulations!

#17 ·
Well, that last holster thing is basically just a trigger cover to be used in conjunction with something like a Clipdraw to hook the Glock on the pants. It's a minimalistic way to keep the trigger covered with the gun clipped to your pants without a traditional holster. I made one of these years ago for a snubby that sports Barami Hip Grips. The DA trigger of the revolver really doesn't warrant it's use, but the lighter short pull of a Glock definitely does IMO.

#18 ·
What did the reduction do to the width of the grip? Any difference?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.