Glock 36 jam problems?Is it true?

This is a discussion on Glock 36 jam problems?Is it true? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I notice several YouTube videos featuring Glock 36 owners frustrated with the 36 jamming.I thought this might be my next Glock,I like the single stack ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 36 jam problems?Is it true?

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar

Glock 36 jam problems?Is it true?

I notice several YouTube videos featuring Glock 36 owners frustrated with the 36 jamming.I thought this might be my next Glock,I like the single stack magazine idea,but now I am concerned.Below is one of the videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTnuDeu1GUo

2. Remove Ads

i carry a glock 30,not a 36.sorry.NEVER had a jam on the 30.great gun

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Did you check the date on those videos? Early production G36s had some issues, but they've been relatively faultless for a while.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    That video is from November 2009,good to know they fixed the problem.

Mine has been faultless. Completely

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Did you check the date on those videos? Early production G36s had some issues, but they've been relatively faultless for a while.
    That's what I hear. The earlier models did have some issues, but that's long past. If you're contemplating a G36, I wouldn't let that stop me. There may be some way of searching online for the serial numbers affected and when they made the changes whatever they were. I should know more, but I don't. I do think that the G36 has never really gotten the support it deserves. I've picked up and held a few thinking that's what I wanted. I never stepped into it actually. Don't know why exactly. But you have plenty of forum members to tell you how it is and many of them whom carry this specific pistol. I'm not one to say Glock is infallible......and to be perfect is beyond human means. Check your born on date for the G36 and do some research. I've personally never given it as much thought as maybe I should have.

I'm about to be buying one this week hopefully. The one I shot at the range gave me no problems. I seem to recall one or two hangups that were my fault. My thumb may have been pushing up an slide release. After a mag or two I got used to a small gun and was doing fine.

After getting those kind of results out of a range rental, I am confident the new one I buy will be fine. I've even gone ahead and ordered the carry ammo and a holster.

MJK
    I've carried a G36 for a couple of years. Never had a problem on the range...not even during break-in period.

The keys to reliability are (1) high-quality ammo, (2) factory-recommended lubrication, (3) clean weapon, and (4) firm firing platform (shooter has to do his part).

I have a G36 that I got used from my brothern in law. It has not jammed since I owned it. I just don't carry it much. It is pretty much a range gun for me. Mine has proven to be very accurate and reliable. I don't like it for conceal carry. Most folks that own one like it for conceled carry, just not for me.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    I notice several YouTube videos featuring Glock 36 owners frustrated with the 36 jamming.I thought this might be my next Glock,I like the single stack magazine idea,but now I am concerned.Below is one of the videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTnuDeu1GUo
    It was a new engineering design and some runs had a bug to do mostly with ejection. I had it in the beginning, sent the gun to Glock who repaired it by replacing 3/4's of the internal parts of the gun, which I've heard is SOP when a gun goes in - what better way to fix something and get the problem done with quick. Since then ( year or so ago) the gun is fine and I don't think this was a general or continuing problem with most of the 36s. I wouldn't worry.

Maybe a faulty extractor? OR maybe it's the Winchester White Box ammo. Do you notice the shooter didn't utilize any other type of ammo in his "testing" did he?
    I've never seen a Glock 36 come back into the Store as being "defective" We all know white box ammo isn't the best, but it works well for the most part.
    If he had shot several brands of ammo, then I'd have my concerns about the gun.
    I'd go out and buy the G36 if that's your desire, and not worry about anything, BUT you should try several brands of ammo (even though it shouldn't matter in a Glock or most any other pistol) and stick with that one or two brands that work in it.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

My Glock-36 has been flawless, and of the others I know with the '36', no one has had any problems.
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; September 18th, 2010 at 05:02 PM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    I have a G36 that I got used from my brothern in law. It has not jammed since I owned it. I just don't carry it much. It is pretty much a range gun for me. Mine has proven to be very accurate and reliable. I don't like it for conceal carry. Most folks that own one like it for conceled carry, just not for me.
    Just because I'm curious...Why don't you like it for concealed carry?
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Both my 36 have been 100% flawless. One of them is now my son's carry.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

I've had my G36 for ten years and probably close to 5,000 rds. No problems ever. It is my carry gun when one of my 1911's isn't practical. The 36 is probably the most accurate out of the box gun I've ever owned. I've had every type of ammo thru it from Fed. 230 HST +P to WW 185 STHP and even some of the Fed. "Green" 165 compressed copper stuff and no problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links