Problem: LCR Tamer grip printing IWB

This is a discussion on Problem: LCR Tamer grip printing IWB within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey everyone, I purchased an LCR to supplement my Glock 27 for a carry option. I really like to carry IWB, and I love how ...

Thread: Problem: LCR Tamer grip printing IWB

Hey everyone, I purchased an LCR to supplement my Glock 27 for a carry option. I really like to carry IWB, and I love how light weight the ruger feels on my hip but it is a nightmare to carry because anytime I do anything other than stand up straight, the rubber tamer grip's "stickiness" grabs my shirt and prints BAD as seen in the pic. I carry both tucked and untucked in a Crossbreed Qwikclip. I do not have this problem with my Glock, as it is hard polymer so the shirt can move back and forth or up and down over it without snagging or getting hung up.

Does anybody know if the boot grip improves this problem? For the life of me I cannot find anyone who makes wooden grips for the LCR. What do you guys think? I can't be the only one with this problem. Thanks a bunch.
    Attached Images

Dsimon11,wear one size bigger shirt or pull shirt out just a tad. richgp100z

I am with you on this one. Possibly the boot grip model did not seem as grippy as the Tamer grips, hopefully somebody has one and can help you out. I would be a little leary to loose the technology of the Tamer grip. Wonder if there is some type of application you could put on the grip?

Agreed with rich; just blouse your shirt a little
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I may give the bootgrip a try. Blousing the shirt only works until the next time I sit, stand up, or bend over slightly, then it's completely hung up like that again, it's pretty frustrating.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Try using a thicker t-shirt or a button down shirt. I think that the main problem is that the t-shirt you are wearing in the picture is so thin and light that it catches easily with the LCR's grip. Also, try contacting http://www.grips4guns.com or http://www.hoguestore.com and check with them if they have any wooden or synthetic grips that will work for the LCR. I carry a S&W 442 and don't have a problem with IWB concealed carry.

I know what he is talking about.The Houges do print even with a large shirt.The Crimson Trace grips are alot better.I can't wait till some wooden grips come out or some smooth plastic grips come out.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Sponsored Links