New gun, new holster, new thread...

This is a discussion on New gun, new holster, new thread... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just picked up a new PPS in .40S&W. Gonna shoot it tomorrow, I'll let you all know what I think. Came with 1 6-rounder, got ...

Thread: New gun, new holster, new thread...

New gun, new holster, new thread...

Just picked up a new PPS in .40S&W. Gonna shoot it tomorrow, I'll let you all know what I think. Came with 1 6-rounder, got a second on order. (Not a real "range gun" with that capacity, but I wasn't buying a range gun...)

Got a "Two O'Clock" on order from Comp-Tac, too, which will be my first appendix carry rig, so I'll let you know on that, too.

I'll get pics up as soon as I get the holster, so I can show you both at the same time!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Congratulations! Have fun putting it through its paces.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Sounds sweet. Looking forward to the pics and range report.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Congrats on the new pistola!
    Nothing beats getting another new gun...does the wife know?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

GM
    Congrats on the new gun and the holster
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    New kudos! Must have dancing bananas!

Congrat's on your new gun and holster. Post pic's when you can. Now all you need is a new belt and you've got the entire package.
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

Just home from the first range trip!

I ran about 150 rounds through the PPS, 6 at a time. Took a while. Shot in a normal two-handed grip, as well as strong hand only and weak hand only. Single shots at first, then double taps and strings into two different targets. (Don't try that on a range...)

My fiance has dubbed it "Donkey Punch" based on her view of the recoil of the .40S&W round in the little gun, but I must say the muzzle rise was not bad at all for a .40. It came straight back and was very controllable. The closest thing I have shot to compare it to is a Kahr PM9. Compared, I'd say the Kahr had more muzzle rise, while the PPS had more total recoil. I'm very impressed with my ability to keep it on target through 3 and 4 round strings with my weak hand only!

Accuracy is about what you would expect of anything with a 3.2" barrel, i.e. Minute of Man at 7 yards in rapid fire. You won't be winning a bullseye competition with this little guy.

I did get a rude awakening when I tried to practice a speed reload with it, in the form of a nice blood blister. I'm not used to guns whose grips meet the mag in the center of my palm, and figured out right quick that I need more low speed practice at home before I try that again!

All rounds fed and fired perfectly, and it ejected the brass like it had something to prove, flinging it up to 15 feet in some cases.

It's only 150 rounds, but so far so good! It's a nice little gun!

Senior Member Array royal barnes's Avatar
    Hurts, doesn't it!!!!!!! I cared a Smith 3913 years ago that would bite me on occasion.

Congrats. I think that you will get to like the PPS a lot as you carry and shoot it more. I have the 9 mm version and find it very soft shooting and accurate. Practicing your routines at home is good idea. Dry-firing helped me realize that the slim grip was making my trigger finger make the muzzle wobble when the trigger broke. Once I straightened that out the PPS accuracy was outstanding. Enjoy your new gun. BTW, let us know how the Comptac 2 o'clock works for you? I want to know whether the kydex is comfortable against the skin and whether the tip digs into the thigh or groin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ananael View Post
    Just home from the first range trip!

My fiance has dubbed it "Donkey Punch" based on her view of the recoil of the .40S&W round in the little gun, but I must say the muzzle rise was not bad at all for a .40. It came straight back and was very controllable. The closest thing I have shot to compare it to is a Kahr PM9. Compared, I'd say the Kahr had more muzzle rise, while the PPS had more total recoil. I'm very impressed with my ability to keep it on target through 3 and 4 round strings with my weak hand only!

Accuracy is about what you would expect of anything with a 3.2" barrel, i.e. Minute of Man at 7 yards in rapid fire. You won't be winning a bullseye competition with this little guy.

I did get a rude awakening when I tried to practice a speed reload with it, in the form of a nice blood blister. I'm not used to guns whose grips meet the mag in the center of my palm, and figured out right quick that I need more low speed practice at home before I try that again!

All rounds fed and fired perfectly, and it ejected the brass like it had something to prove, flinging it up to 15 feet in some cases.

It's only 150 rounds, but so far so good! It's a nice little gun!
    Donkey Punch? might wanna educate her.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donkey_punch
    ARMY INFANTRY 11c

What use is an unloaded gun? --Tony Soprano

"A ___ is better than the ___ you left at/ in the ____" -- My answer to 99% of the ?'s on here

Congrats! Sounds like a keeper.

Cheers!
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Augrunt View Post
    Donkey Punch? might wanna educate her.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donkey_punch
    Oh, she's cute and all, but make no mistake, she knows what the definition is... If I wanted boring, I chose poorly!

Now back to our regularly scheduled PG rating.

Links