Got the wife a PK380

Got the wife a PK380

This is a discussion on Got the wife a PK380 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So do to work I will be out of town Monday night through Thursday night every week. We got talking and decided that it would ...

Thread: Got the wife a PK380

Got the wife a PK380

So do to work I will be out of town Monday night through Thursday night every week. We got talking and decided that it would be best to get her a handgun for the house since mine will be coming with me. After shooting with friends and trying out a bunch of different combos we settled on the PK380. She loves it, Hell I love it. Fits REAL well in her hands, recoil is good, not my ideal cal of choice but her being a lefty the ambidextrous nature of the gun out weighed the little we gave up, no point in having the biggest baddest round on the block if she wont shoot it. Now I just need to order a SuperTuck for her. Also looking at the Walther laser that mounts on it, very clean looking. Wondering if I should get it for her seeing as how its gonna 95% of the time be a home defense gun.

Here is a link to the laser and a pic of the laser
    http://www.waltherpistols.com/item/1...GHT_PK380.aspx

Man I love this gun, Might go get another for myself for a BUG.
    Here is her shooting it last night.

What is you she loading with for EDC? I'm trying to decide between PDX1 or Critical Defense for my 380 BUG

Nothing yet, we just got it last night and all I could find around here in Winchester 95 grain FMJ... Want to find some hornady personal defense ammo for it.

Looks like an excellent choice.

I'm no expert but, any thoughts on changing her grip?
    Not a fan of the "Tea Cup" grip.

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    So how does it shoot? I like the way the grip is on the Watlther but I am not a fan of the mag release on this gun. But thats me. Congrats on your new purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by blastissimo View Post
    Looks like an excellent choice.

I'm no expert but, any thoughts on changing her grip?
    Not a fan of the "Tea Cup" grip.
    I tried... belive me I tried... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by pinklady View Post
    So how does it shoot? I like the way the grip is on the Watlther but I am not a fan of the mag release on this gun. But thats me. Congrats on your new purchase.
    Shoots great, I like it. She loves it! It was this or a .38, she shoot both and like teh pk380 alot better. The mag release had me pissed for a bit though but I sat her on teh couch last night and after 15-20 time dropping it I got used to it. She's never really shoot before so either way is new to her. She had no issues with it... LOL

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Congratulations on getting your wife to buy herself a handgun! I am trying to convince my wife to carry a snub nose revolver or .380 pocket pistol for defensive purposes but she is not very fond of firearms. At least she is now cool about me carrying 24/7, going to the range twice per week and that I buy firearms occasionally. I'm trying to get her to the range so that she can shoot some weapons and get that fear out of her system.

I also bought a PK380 for my wife. I have a S&W model 60 38spl snubby but she has never liked the way the gun felt and a S&W 3913 that she has difficulty operating the slide. My wife really likes the way the PK380 feels in her hands. I took her out to shoot it at a plastic coke bottle and she hit every round. She even asked to shoot it some more. This is the first firearm that she has took an interest in. She even said that it was hers when she picked it up. Hopefully Friday I will be able to take her to the shooting range and put a couple hundred rounds though it. As far the magazine release I've found that if you use your thumb from your weak hand in a two handed grip to drop the mag it seems pretty easy and fast. Oh I forgot I have it loaded with Speer Gold Dots now but I'm going to get some Corbon DPX.

Sponsored Links