Pearce +2 Base plate

This is a discussion on Pearce +2 Base plate within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am considering trying a +2 base plate out for my glock 26. Do I need to change out the mag springs or anything or ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pearce +2 Base plate

Pearce +2 Base plate

I am considering trying a +2 base plate out for my glock 26. Do I need to change out the mag springs or anything or do I just have to slap it on?
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

2. Remove Ads

I rented a G27 at a range, and one of the mags had a +2 on it. That mag caused a few feed failures.

The mag spring is not designed for the extra length. I like the +0 base plates, or the GAP floor plates. If you want more capacity, use a stock G19 mag.

JMHO.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I rented a G27 at a range, and one of the mags had a +2 on it. That mag caused a few feed failures.

The mag spring is not designed for the extra length. I like the +0 base plates, or the GAP floor plates. If you want more capacity, use a stock G19 mag.

JMHO.
    I actually have gap floor plates on 2 of my mags. I have the +0 extensions on 2 more of my mags. The glock 19 mags with the sleeves are quite a bit longer then the +2 pearce base plates and I'm skiiny enough that the extra half an inch makes quite a bit of difference. That being said if the +2's don't work i'd prefer to just stick to the +0's.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

You can buy +2's with extra power springs or without. I would always go with extra power springs, especially for carry eventhough I have one with the standard spring (Glock 17) and it works fine. I believe Glockmeister has the kit and I'm sure other online sellers do too.

When I carry my 17, I carry two spare mags, both with Glock +2's and extra power springs.

Heck, I go with Wolff 5% extra power springs in my standard 8 round Wilson mags, so definitely when adding length to the tube.

*I just checked and Top Glock and Wolff both have the extra power spring kits. Arredondo uses +10% on his +3 - 6 mag extensions for Glock.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Mine ran fine without the springs, but I just felt better by installing them. It certainly doesn't hurt anything.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

mrm
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post

JMHO.
    +1000 to this advice very sound and totally true I have the extension for my 27 it came off very quickly and the +0 went on and it is great.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

I would carry the 17's or 19's mags as spares as well if my carry gun was a 27. There's no problem at all with +2's but the stronger spring is a must if it's for carry. If you use the stock spring it's about the same as cutting a few coils off of you standarD mags...not a good idea.

Again, if you install the proper springs, it is perfectly fine. If you don't, it may run fine in perfect conditions for a while, but of course it won't be as reliable as using the proper spring. I wouldn't run a Commander recoil spring in my full size 1911's, so I won't run a smaller spring in my mags if I make a change.

I don't know about the small Glocks, but on the mags for the 17 the Glock +2's haveva dimple like the standard pads where the Pearce does not. I feel better with the dimple snapping in to hold it more securely.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I am considering trying a +2 base plate out for my glock 26. Do I need to change out the mag springs or anything or do I just have to slap it on?
    You do know that Glock offers their OEM 12 round G26 magazine right? Have a couple for my wife's G26. That's pretty much the only way I'd go on the +2 in the baby Glocks. I've fiddled around with the extensions on most of my Glocks. Most of them are made specifically where the manufacturer (or vendor) won't tell you all of the story. Most of the +2 mag extensions that I've seen aftermarket were for the NDF full size Glock magazines. I've done a couple of sleeves (adapters) on some G23 mags to work in my G27. I've still had to take a Dremel tool and carve out the back/bottom so they'd fully seat in the pistol. Aftermarket is ....aftermarket. I've come to like the +0 bases on my G27 (for the pinkie ordeal). I only have a couple, but the +1s I've had experience with just don't cut it for me even though I never had any feed problems with them in my stock G27 magazines. I've learned over the years that there are certain rules that need to be followed with the various Glocks and the OEM magazines. You'd be better off with using a G19 mag with sleeve adapter than going with an aftermarket +2 base. If you want to go with a +1 base on your G26, I'd say any risks on function would be minimal, but the possibility does exist. The baby Glocks are really not something you'll want to mess with too much either way. IMO...if you're just looking to get that extra grip, go with a PG-26 base. If you want that extra grip and add extra capacity...go with the Glock 12 round OEM magazine. The cost will offset any problems you might find with the aftermarket offerings. I'll guarantee it.

Ok so what happen if I use the Glock stock 12 for the extenion and only load 10 rounds for us NYers. I am going to be in trouble. But with the extention on the stock 10 I would not have any problems with LE.

Hi,
    Also a New Yorker.
    It is a felony in New York State to have a loading device that can hold more than 10 rounds ,if it was manufactured after Sept 13, 1994.
    Unless you are LEO.
    Doesn't matter how many rounds you have loaded, empty it is still a felony.

I had a G30 with a +1 and it would not lock the slide back after firing the last round.
    I now have a G26 and have three mags. all have +0s on them and after 1000+ rounds it has not had a single malfunction.

Glock rocks when everything else stops.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    You do know that Glock offers their OEM 12 round G26 magazine right? Have a couple for my wife's G26. That's pretty much the only way I'd go on the +2 in the baby Glocks. I've fiddled around with the extensions on most of my Glocks. Most of them are made specifically where the manufacturer (or vendor) won't tell you all of the story. Most of the +2 mag extensions that I've seen aftermarket were for the NDF full size Glock magazines. I've done a couple of sleeves (adapters) on some G23 mags to work in my G27. I've still had to take a Dremel tool and carve out the back/bottom so they'd fully seat in the pistol. Aftermarket is ....aftermarket. I've come to like the +0 bases on my G27 (for the pinkie ordeal). I only have a couple, but the +1s I've had experience with just don't cut it for me even though I never had any feed problems with them in my stock G27 magazines. I've learned over the years that there are certain rules that need to be followed with the various Glocks and the OEM magazines. You'd be better off with using a G19 mag with sleeve adapter than going with an aftermarket +2 base. If you want to go with a +1 base on your G26, I'd say any risks on function would be minimal, but the possibility does exist. The baby Glocks are really not something you'll want to mess with too much either way. IMO...if you're just looking to get that extra grip, go with a PG-26 base. If you want that extra grip and add extra capacity...go with the Glock 12 round OEM magazine. The cost will offset any problems you might find with the aftermarket offerings. I'll guarantee it.
    I was not aware that glock offered a 12 round OEM mag for the 26 but I will most definitely look into it. I would much prefer OEM to other manufacturer after market.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I was not aware that glock offered a 12 round OEM mag for the 26 but I will most definitely look into it. I would much prefer OEM to other manufacturer after market.
    That's what I went with...figured I can't go wrong with a Glock OEM magazine.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...tnumber=397818
    Kimber Tactical Ultra II, Kahr PM45, Kahr PM9, Kahr P380

That Glock OEM 12 round magazine is a standard mag with the Glock +2 extension and a different spring. it's like the 33 round Glock 18 magazines. They're 31 round mags with the +2 Glock extension.

Here's a Glock OEM 33 round magazine.

i have the pearce +2 mag extensions for my G26. So far, several hundred rounds fired, no failures. they are only +1 though, 11 in the mag. i haven't called pearce to ask them about this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links