Finally settled on my pocket carry....for now

This is a discussion on Finally settled on my pocket carry....for now within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wanted to carry this one....I like it, but can only get it about 95% .....FTE on occassion..... But decided on this one....this bad boy ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally settled on my pocket carry....for now

Finally settled on my pocket carry....for now

I wanted to carry this one....I like it, but can only get it about 95% .....FTE on occassion.....

But decided on this one....this bad boy shoots each time and any ammo...
    I have fallen in love with this gun all over again....
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

2. Remove Ads

I like them but id never pay over $450 for either so you know what I think lol...great guns way too expensive. When I decide for a small pocket gun it will probably be between the Taurus,LCP, and the Bodyguard(willing to pay a bit extra because of the laser). I had a Colt Mustang II years ago but just dont like the .380 very much but I guess on days I want a real light gun to carry in a pair of sweat/wind pants(with a good draw string) that one of the .380's would be the best bet. I dont much dress around a gun as I do make sure a gun will fit(conceal beneath) 90% of the stuff I wear..and the Ruger SR9c and or Taurus Ch85 do.

I carry a S&W M&P 340 A J frame snub is the ulitmate in reliability and pocket protection. Glad you like yours though. I wouldnt hesitate to carry one if need be.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I'd love to have a R9 but I just can't bring myself to pay that much for a pistol.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I like it!

I see one with my name on it to tell the truth. I'm not above spending some coin on the cool stuff. I will admit that the thousand dollar threshold seems to be my ceiling when it comes to handgun purchases, either for a single or double buy. That pistol looks like a good investment, I would consider it one of the smallest and finest in its size, caliber and build quality.

If it runs like it looks I'd make the same choice.

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    I like it!

I see one with my name on it to tell the truth. I'm not above spending some coin on the cool stuff. I will admit that the thousand dollar threshold seems to be my ceiling when it comes to handgun purchases, either for a single or double buy. That pistol looks like a good investment, I would consider it one of the smallest and finest in its size, caliber and build quality.

If it runs like it looks I'd make the same choice.

GBK
    Agreed. How much is your life worth..lol. That is an expensive pistol but on paper looks the best pocket semi auto out! I'd love to have one, looks well engineered. I going to have to see some shooting reviews. But that is a fine pocket piece you have there.

Very nice! I too have been interested in a Rohrbaugh but the $ simply isn't there for me at this time.

Thanks guys....happy shootin....and remember...its only money. My wife thinks they cost about a couple of hundred each.
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

Man I love the P238, would love to have one, but cant justify it. There are to many that are not reliable. For what they cost they should go bang every single time. I guess its the .380 in the 1911 platform. Good choice on the Rhorbaugh.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Quote Originally Posted by imthduke View Post
    My wife thinks they cost about a couple of hundred each.
    D'oh! When your wife finds out (and she will!) you're gonna have some 'splaining to do!

I thought about an R9, but its only advantage over the likes of the LCP is the caliber. While the standard pressure 9mm may be "better" than a .380, it's not 3X better (the cost difference between the LCP and R9). For the cost of an R9, you can get 2 LCPs, 2 CT Lasers (not available for the R9), 2 holsters, and some ammo.

And that's exactly what I did!

Enjoy it. Hope it serves you well!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Very nice pistola!
    Expensive, and you'll have to change a spring about every 200 rounds, but it is a well-made firearm.
    Enjoy!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Better buy plenty recoil springs as they need to be replaced often on the R9. I still prefer the S&W 649 for a pocket gun, in semi auto the NAA Guardians fit the bill nicely. If you are happy than I am happy for you. A gun like the R9 deserves some really nice custom leather, namely some Horned gator back would look real nice.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

I was looking at the R9, but ended up with a Kahr MK9 Elite instead.

I'm your Huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Very nice pistola!
    Expensive, and you'll have to change a spring about every 200 rounds, but it is a well-made firearm.
    Enjoy!
    That is a myth about the recoil springs....I now have about 500 rds on this one, fires like a house on fire....and their 5 bucks each.

From time to time I have the same problem with trying to pick a pocket pistol to carry.......but I always end up coming back to this one......
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links