FNP-9

This is a discussion on FNP-9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi guys, I have the itch to get another 9mm. I really like the look and feel of the FNP-9 and the fact it's DA/SA. ...

Thread: FNP-9

FNP-9

Hi guys, I have the itch to get another 9mm. I really like the look and feel of the FNP-9 and the fact it's DA/SA. The only problem is I can't really find too much on the pistol, good or bad. I posted a similar question on another forum, but I didn't get many replies. Does anyone own an FNP and like/dislike it? The cheapest I found was $457 on budsguns.

Thanks,
    MW

2. Remove Ads

I just got one. Haven't shot it yet but it feels great in my hand. I've read nothing but positive. If you like Nutnfancy on Youtube, he has a pretty good review.

I have the FNP-40 AND IT ROCKS! IMO.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

How is it for concealed carry? What's a good holster? Crossbreed Supertuck fits it, but that's the best holster I've seen. Never owned a Supertuck, but it should be about the same as my Comp-tac spartan.

Here's a good write up on the FNP-9 by Stephen Camp - http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/t...np9_pistol.htm
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

You can also go to FN Forum - there's a whole area just for the FNP's.

I had an FNP40 and had a trigger issue, that being a very late trip point - meaning the trigger was almost touching the rear of the guard before the gun would fire. This was new out of the box. Since FNH had a rash of cracked trigger modules, they changed mine for free and it was fine after that.

Personally, I didn't like the gun's feel and so I couldn't hit anything with it. Also very angular, uncomfortable to carry. I traded it for a Beretta PX4, and that solved all the issues. from a quality standpoint, the Beretta's better and it's tapered lines make it very comfortable in the hand and carrying IWB.

FNH's customer service was dedicated but slow, although I understand Beretta's even slower (haven't had any experience yet).

Over all, I'm very pleased with my trade.
    "I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you ---- with me, I'll kill you all."

Marine Corps General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

I've had an FNP-9 for a couple of years. It has performed flawlessly and fits my hand perfectly. While it is a fairly large pistol, it conceals well with the right holster. For OWB, nothing beats the TTGunleather snap on pancake. For IWB, the low rider from rmholsters.com is great. rm also makes a paddle holster, the "ECP" which works well. (Note that rm does not list the FNP-9 in their fit chart. Order for the Springfield XD 4".)
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

I had the FNP 40 for a few years. It was very acturate and reliable but a bit large for concealed carry.
    "I'm the God-fearing, Gun-toting, flag waving conservative they warned you about!"
    US Air Force Vietnam Vet, Ex-LEO
    Dan Wesson CBOB .45
    CZ 75D Compact PCR
    Kahr PM9, and a few others.....

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Here's a review and range report I wrote on this forum a while ago. Since that time I probably put another 200 rounds through the gun with no problems what so ever. It may answer some of your questions:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...p-Range-Report

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Good review. I'm not a fan of the earth greenish color, but I don't know if it's worth the extra money for the Black version... I'l hold out for a while. Maybe prices will fall more because of the FNX replacing it.

I have an FNP9 that I purchased used about 8 or 9 months ago. I have had zero issues with it for about 500 rounds so far. Mine has the manual safety as well as the decocker on it. The double action trigger is very long. The single action trigger is VERY light. Don't know about holsters because mine is just for home defense and it fills my requirement to have a high capacity 9mm. Most of my other guns are 1911's or S&W revolvers.
    We the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, with so little, for so long, we are now able to do anything with nothing.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I have had the FNP 40 for over a year. I really like it, but it is a large firearm making concealment in some situations a challenge. My only complaint is that the decocker lever seems a bit flimsy and can hang up on some holsters when reholstering. Fortunatly I can open carry here so concealment is not always an issue. Overall I would think this is a generic issue with all large capacity double row mag firearms.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Links