what's the best .380 pocket pistol?

This is a discussion on what's the best .380 pocket pistol? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Firkin Now, let me just see what I have in my pocket right now. Oh yeah, its the . . . Sig ...

View Poll Results: what's the best .380 pocket pistol on the market today?

Voters
726. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kel Tec -p3at

81 11.16%
  • Ruger-lcr

131 18.04%
  • Kahr-p380

88 12.12%
  • DiamondBack .380

9 1.24%
  • Sig-p238

185 25.48%
  • S&W BodyGuard .380

88 12.12%
  • other

144 19.83%
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: what's the best .380 pocket pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by Firkin View Post
    Now, let me just see what I have in my pocket right now. Oh yeah, its the . . . Sig P238.
    me to

2. Remove Ads

I just have a problem with a single action with only one safety in my pocket. I really like the P238. But not in my pocket with one in the chamber.
    I had a mustang and the reason I dont have it now is I just didnt trust that great feeling single action trigger. It had a safety not one I would trust and the P238 is basicaly the same. The safety may be a bit better but its still only one. I would rather have a double only with a long hard trigger than that single action. Its just not cocked and locked with ONLY one safety.
    r

Still LCP

My vote is for

Sig Sauer P232. Carry one frequently, fits in my pocket great, and a definite straight shooter. Added Hogue grips, and the night sights make it awesome for most any situation.http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/.../vol_1/yup.gif

LCP is certainly one of the best! I have a Kahr pm40 and decided on the RUGER LCP for my 380 purchase because it a sweet little gun.

Recently I sold my S&W Bodyguard 380 and now am using a 9mm to take its place that is just about the same size. That gentlemen is the Diamondback DB9. It weighs a little more, but pretty much the same size as it uses the same holsters as my BG380 did. At 16.3 ounces fully loaed 6+1 and with a modified crimsontrace laser I think that is still pretty light for a 9mm !!! God Bless

There are more expensive and flashier .380's but I like my little P3AT. It's been reliable and serves it's purpose.

Not to sound like a former President but. . It all depends on what the meaning of "best" is.

The SIG has a great rep, but some people don't like the locked & cocked, and teh SIG doesn't have a grip safety so for those people, the SIG isn't "the best"

The LCP has a looooong trigger pull so for some people, the LCP can't be "the best"

for reliability it seems that the S&W, Kahr, Ruger, SIG and Kel-tec are all doing quite well. Even the Taurus TCP has improved it's reliability.

"Best" is the one that has a manual of arms that you like; fits your hand well; has a track record of reliability; and is one that you can shoot well.

I personally would still be leery of the Taurus TCP, but I have read many reviews from people who have experienced 100% reliability with their TCP and they love the gun. Others curse it as an unreliable POS. . . So for some the TCP is "the best" and for others it isn't.
    Somewhere in the Pacific NW

I own both the sig P238 as well as the Kahr P380 and the Taurus TCP. Love the sig but don't care for the safety.
    The Kahr P380 gets my vote.
    The TCP? Well, it's ok but not as reliable as the others, would sell it in a flash.

I hate my LCP. Its been 100% perfect and i can hit what I'm aiming at but the trigger is terrible and the dang thing is misery to shoot. I'm gonna sell it and add another Sig to my collection. The P238 either SAS or Extreme.
    I carry a .357mag because no one bickers about the .357mag being "enough".

A while ago, I voted in this thread for the P238. I thought I'd posted in here too but I guess not.

It took me three years to finally justify getting such a pricey pocket gun when others cost half as much, but today I finally did and I have to say it's easily four times better.

So I stand by my vote. Sig Sauer P238 is where it's at.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulley View Post
    I hate my LCP. Its been 100% perfect and i can hit what I'm aiming at but the trigger is terrible and the dang thing is misery to shoot. I'm gonna sell it and add another Sig to my collection. The P238 either SAS or Extreme.
    +1 on either the SAS or the Extreme.. Love my Extreme.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

These "what's the best" threads are the dumbest. The best firearm is the one that's reliable, serves your needs, is comfortable for you to use and that you have confidence in using. Everything else is irrelavent.

Not if you are looking for opinions.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

I enjoy threads such as these. We all have different opinions and love to share our favorites, threads like this are a great place to do so.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

Links