help me!!!

This is a discussion on help me!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; hey guys , I having some money problems, my job is cutting my hours down and rent is coming up so one of my two ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help me!!!

help me!!!

hey guys , I having some money problems, my job is cutting my hours down and rent is coming up so one of my two pistols have to go .
    My trusty Glock23 or my S&W 1006 , here is the debate if I sale my glock I going to be carrying the S&W , is heavy and big , but if I sale my S&W is going to be hard to find another one . what you think would be the best choice ????

p.s both of the gun are 100% reliable and I shoot both accurate
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

I wouldn't sell either one.

What are you going to do next month when the rent is due? Sell the other one? Then the third month comes around... get my drift?
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

kpw
    Having gone through a similar time because of a divorce, I kept the most practical pistol I had, a G19. It's never fun having to sell guns you like but you do what you have to do. Like zacii says though, you have to think about next month and so on though. If you've already made up your mind, list it soon to give yourself time for a private sale.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I wouldn't sell either one.

What are you going to do next month when the rent is due? Sell the other one? Then the third month comes around... get my drift?
    it only for this month, I will be ok because I already got another job ,but I dont get paid in two weeks . I hate this economy B.S

Quote Originally Posted by kpw View Post
    Having gone through a similar time because of a divorce, I kept the most practical pistol I had, a G19. It's never fun having to sell guns you like but you do what you have to do. Like zacii says though, you have to think about next month and so on though. If you've already made up your mind, list it soon to give yourself time for a private sale.
    I love my carry piece the glock23 ,but I know I can get another g23 at any time ,but not a S&W 1006 . I was looking for this gun for a long time , is hard to find someone to sell you a S&W 1006

If you already have another job lined up - any chance your landlord will cut you a break?

Any other source for funds?
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by glockfan23 View Post
    I love my carry piece the glock23 ,but I know I can get another g23 at any time ,but not a S&W 1006 . I was looking for this gun for a long time , is hard to find someone to sell you a S&W 1006
    I think you've just answered your own question.

Glocks are readily available, the 1006 isn't. If you have to sell one, let the Glock go.

Good luck, I hope things work out very well for you.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Coltman 77 View Post

Glocks are readily available, the 1006 isn't. If you have to sell one, let the Glock go.

thanks you

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    What Coltman 77 said. There's no way I would part with my 1006, you can buy Glocks by the truck load.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

VIP Member
    You could pawn the Glock. It would take months for the landlord to evict you so just tell them the truth. Pay what you can and make up the difference as soon as possible.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coltman 77 View Post

+1.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Well, you ask. I'd keep the Smith.

The Glock is a solid pistol, but IMO, they're so reliable and easy to come by, that getting a newer pistol every couple years is not really a concern. You'll most likely get hosed on the sale for the Smith, so why compound an already bad situation. I'm sorry you're having a tough time and hope it's short term. Just a thought, You might want to get to know the local pawn broker and just barrow the minimum to minimize the payback. Good luck!

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Sell the Glock!
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Do you have any good pawn shops around? If so, get a plus loan out for the Glock and pick it up after a few installment payments when you get your money situation back flowing. Just an idea.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

I'm a huge GLOCK fan, but as others have said let the GLOCK go if you must it will be much easier to replace. Good luck getting through this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links