Defensive Carry banner

Happy Birfday to me . . . Dangit

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Grant48 
#1 ·
Once again it's my birthday, and once again I've decided to add to my meger collection of firearms. Today I purchased a Taurus PT 145, stainless slide .45 ACP compact. :danceban:

And once again I'm swearing at Kommifornia's stupid 10 day rule. :banghead:

I've never owned anything bigger than a 9mm (well pistol anyway) so I consider this a step into a much larger world.

Any suggestions on how to make the time go by faster? And no my doctor already said he won't just sedate me for two weeks just because I'm impatient.

#3 ·
With California having its 10 round magazine limit, there really is no reason to not go with a .45

A full size pistol would typically be better for someone living in California, since it is almost impossible to get a CCW license there. There is no real advantage to going with a smaller handgun.

To me, the perfect defensive pistol for someone living in California would be either a full size or mid size S&W M&P 45, which has 10 round mags, or a Sig P220, which has 8 round mags.

#5 ·
with california having its 10 round magazine limit, there really is no reason to not go with a .45

a full size pistol would typically be better for someone living in california, since it is almost impossible to get a ccw license there. There is no real advantage to going with a smaller handgun.

To me, the perfect defensive pistol for someone living in california would be either a full size or mid size s&w m&p 45, which has 10 round mags, or a sig p220, which has 8 round mags.
yes +1... :35:

#4 ·
You'll love the .45 round (except for the cost). Now that I've been carrying a .45, my 9mms (3 of them) rarely see daylight except for range time. Same with my .40. Just in a visual comparison, the .45 round dwarfs the 9mm and .40 both. I'm not starting a caliber war as I have no problem carrying a 9mm and have carried them for years. Like most calibers, they are effective when deployed correctly (shot placement is king with any round). I've been carrying a RIA 1911 in .45 and it is a smooth and accurate shooter. It holds 8+1 and extra mags are a breeze to carry. I've got 17+1 9mms and can carry them in VA, but I have a ton of confidence in the .45 round and my ability with the 1911 and capacity isn't a concern when I've got 2 more 8 round mags readily available. That's 25 rounds of .45ACP with about 2 seconds to reload. I've been eyeballing the XDm .45 tactical....it holds 13+1 of .45.

#9 ·
That could very well be coming up in the future. I just found out I aced my Border Patrol Agent exam, time to hurry up and finish my degree so I can move on to my full time career, maybe in Texas or Arizona.

#7 ·
A new pistola for your birthday? How thoughtful you are to yourself.:yup:
:birthday2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.