Night sights on your CCW?

This is a discussion on Night sights on your CCW? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey all, Just wondering how many of you have night sights on your carry weapon? Is it worth it? I am guessing it probably is ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Night sights on your CCW?

Night sights on your CCW?

Hey all,
    Just wondering how many of you have night sights on your carry weapon?
    Is it worth it? I am guessing it probably is but was wondering what people thought...
    Benjamin Franklin once said, "he that would supplant a little liberty for a little safety deserves neither".

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Two of my SIG's have the SIG installed night sights - and all three SIG's have CT grips - all to further expand the options.

Most of the time night sights for me are simply ''there'' and not really noticed - until that is at night when the gun sits on floor by bed - there is this mild green glow!

I do believe they are useful but maybe not essential - as sighted shooting may often not be practicable - but IIRC my extra cost with my EDC 226 ST was only about $40 which seemed a good value option.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I wouldn't carry without them. There is a good chance that if you ever need to use your weapon in self defense (God forbid) that it will be in a low light situation. My Kimber has the Meprolight night sights and they are great. Very visable in low light.

VIP Member
    Got NS on most of my carry guns.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    Don't have them, don't want them. I practice with what I carry and actually find them distracting.

VIP Member
    I like night sights and think they are very important in your self defence gear. If expense is a factor to you have at least the front sight night sighted. You will at least be able to see where you are aiming at in low light conditions.

i have one Gun with them and i guess i like them and will add couple more sets

I added "TruGlo TFO" sights to my Glock 26 and love them. They are both tritium and fiber optic, so you get the best of both worlds day or night. Rather than green front and rear, I special ordered a set through Cabela's that are yellow rear and green front. I highly recommend them for carry.

http://www.truglo.com/content/prod_h...iber_optic.asp

Yes on night sights, first thing I did with the Kimber Ultra Carry II after I bought it was to send the slide in to Kimber's custom shop for the installation of the sights.

Also have it fitted with CT grips. Each to his own I guess, bit I like having all the options available to me that I can.

If nothing else, the glow from the night sights lets me clearly identify exactly where my gun is if I wake up to a loud noise in the middle of the night..... and I believe that most BG's will know what that red dot on their center mass means.

All my handguns have CT grips, including the one I gave to my son shortly after he turned 21 and received his CHL. I also have night sights on most of them, I believe a couple of the snubby wheel guns don't.

Im with kid1911 on this one, I find them a bit distracting as well. I have my sights highlighted with white paint and that works fairly well.

Yep

I went with Meprolight N/S(I wanted Novaks Low Mount N/S) and had them installed at the time I bought my Springfield XD40SC. It's the only handgun in my collection with N/S.
    I personally believe that it is important to have the N/S on my CCW. I have fired it in low-light conditions and have found it to be useful.
    If I everget another handgun I will make sure they get N/S. IMO
    "The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - Sir Edmund Burke
    -S&W Model 642CT Centennial - Renegade #500
    -Springfield XD40SC - Kramer IWB#3
    -Beretta 92FS INOX - Kramer Thomas Perfectionist
    -And the list goes on...

I have been thinking that I should get some on at least one of my guns. I posted earlier on thinking about the G30 as my next purchase. I bought it today and while at the store they said the night sights, with installation, were 85 bucks. I have been carrying the cz rami as my primary CCW but now that I got the new glock I might be carrying that. THink night sights would be a good thing on it especially when it sits in my night stand.
    Benjamin Franklin once said, "he that would supplant a little liberty for a little safety deserves neither".

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Yes, I have night sights on my Sig. I like the fact that they are easy to see when my pistol is on the nightstand. I always know where the gun is.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Same thing here, I have placed my CCW with N/S on the nightstand next to my nightstand gun and those glowing N/S sure make it easy to find.
    "The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - Sir Edmund Burke
    -S&W Model 642CT Centennial - Renegade #500
    -Springfield XD40SC - Kramer IWB#3
    -Beretta 92FS INOX - Kramer Thomas Perfectionist
    -And the list goes on...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links